Using DualShock controller via USB with PC?

N

netizen

I have read several suggestions like x360ce and motioninjoy for using a a dualshock controller with the PC version of TPA, however I have a few questions for those who have got it to work. I haven't been successful to date.

Will this control/map a dualshock controller via USB?
Does the application have to be placed in the steam folder or the tpa folder?

Other than the sourceforge links for x360ce is there another download source?
Any other suggestions or hints on getting this controller to work with TPA in win 7?

Ultimetalhead

Jun 13, 2012
Also curious about this. I have motioninjoy on my computer for emulators and things, but I haven't been able to figure out how to get it to work with anything on Steam.

Sameo

Nov 4, 2013
I just followed the tutorial that came with motioninjoy a few months back.. though when I plugged in the DS3 to play TPA the other day there was no detection so I went to the driver tab and reinstalled the driver, re-enabled 360 emulation mode and everything was good to go. Everything is already mapped in 360 emulation mode, I didn't change any controls.

The application goes to its own directory

Deltaechoe

Aug 30, 2013
If you are using motion in joy or another controller solution there will probably be a little lag verses a native controller

Sameo

Nov 4, 2013
Was there any lag for you when using the controller versus a keyboard?

I haven't noticed any delay like I have on console versions

even going from keyboard to controller in the middle of a game it always seems instantaneous

Last edited:

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
If you are using motion in joy or another controller solution there will probably be a little lag verses a native controller

i've been using xpadder for years on a pc (street fighter, shootemups), and can verify the 'no added lag' as compared to the 'native controls'.

but i do have my usb ports rate upped to 1000mhz (1ms lag) compared to the default usb port 125mhz rate (8ms lag) offcourse.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Just got it to work today. Fantastic stuff, no visible lag (except for Creature for some stupid reason).

CFTBL has lag on most platforms
I've seen it on Android, ps3 & pc.

I think at the time Creature released, they screwed around with the flipper tuning, because 1st release allowed too easy ball catch (just hold flipper up - worked each time) then they issued a mod and ever since its the only Android table with lag.

N

netizen

Thanks for all the replies.
I managed to get my dualshock working with motioninjoy, but have a problem using the L Analogue stick for nudging. IDK if the controller is just super sensitive because it's still new, or if this is a compatibility issue, but if I press the shoulder buttons too hard or too many times they will trigger nudges even when I am not touching the analogue stick. However, by mapping the nudge controls to the D-Pad the problem seems to have been worked around.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I am using the default drivers from motioninjoy, and have it set to Xbox 360 controller Emulation.
Is there better driver or setting I should try?

Sean Campbell

Feb 7, 2013
I've had wonderful success with Better DS3. I had used a couple other programs previously to be able to use my DualShock 3 with PC games; they worked but were always clunky and poorly made. Better DS3 seems to cut out all that crap and just works great.

I played a few games of TOTAN and didn't notice a lick of lag.

http://betterds3.ciebiera.net/

-Sean

Munky

Apr 28, 2013
I'm using a dualshock on PC through Bluetooth and get no lag at all. Using the motioninjoy ds3 tool. PC didn't have BT built in so I bought a cheapo on from Fry's. Any adapter that has EDR works.

Members online

Members online