Scared Stiff Pro

LMA

Jun 14, 2013
If I put Scared stiff audio to how it should be the uncensored version will that stop me getting on the leader boards with that enabled?

LMA

Jun 14, 2013
Doh that needs changing to another options menu. Maybe I could just play every Saturday with it at default audio to get scores on :/

thanks

LMA

Jun 14, 2013
Went into pro mode and family mode was
Off (Fac. Setting)

Looks like we don't need to get Pro to get family mode off.

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
Pro is so good though that I pretty much stopped playing the normal table. The additional lines make the table so much better.

LMA

Jun 14, 2013
Right so If you buy pro it turns off Family mode for you with out you having to go in the pro settings. I've got a list of things she is supposed to say with family mode off I'll give it a test.

Joe Blasi

Oct 21, 2013
Just rom the roms in visual pinball to see that they should be like.

But this DCL BS need to pay more to remove censorship sucks.

Gozer

Jun 10, 2013
Right so If you buy pro it turns off Family mode for you with out you having to go in the pro settings. I've got a list of things she is supposed to say with family mode off I'll give it a test.

Even if you have the pro version of scared stiff, family mode is on by default. You still need to go to the operators menu to turn it off.

Epsilon

Apr 19, 2012
It was already set to off when I went in the operator menu.

Maybe the menus are automatically set to Factory Defaults when you enable the Operator Menu. It seems to me that even enabling the Operator Menu at all disables goals and leaderboard posting, so it would make sense that Farsight would go ahead and revert any specific changes they made for the "vanilla" competitive version once you tell it you want to go monkey around in Pro mode.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
I was under the imression that only enabling operator menu was ok for leaderboard as long as you didn't make any changes in settings. I never bother to enable pro menus but was thinking about playing Medieval madness a little so I beat my highscore and become king of the realm and all those other side scores like joust champion and so on. But if it won't count for leaderboard I won't bother. Pro menu is really pointless and even counter productive if this is the case. Was buying it just to support farsight but if only activating operators menu without making any changes stops your highscore from the online leaderboard I don't think I will buy any more pro versions. Does anybody know for sure how this works?

N

netizen

There is no way for farsight to track what you do once you turn the operators menu on, so it disables the leaderboard no matter how many or little changes you make in the settings.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
There is no way for farsight to track what you do once you turn the operators menu on, so it disables the leaderboard no matter how many or little changes you make in the settings.

Ok. Only that when you enter "pro menu" and then turn "operator mode: on" a message appears that says "changing any operators menu options from the default settings will not allow you to avhieve any goals, high scores or post to the leaderboard". This bit of information is a little unclear then. It should say "changing any settings in pro menu from the default..." As only activating operator mode doesn't change any settings in operators menu. What is actually the "operators menu"? I thought it was the menu you would enter when you open coin doir. They should be clearer about what they call the menus and modes and how they phrase their instructions then.

Last edited:

rennervision

Feb 2, 2013
The obvious solution to this is for Farsight to make Family Mode: Off as the default, since that's the factory setting. Then we don't have to turn on Operator mode and miss out on achievements.

Eek!

Nov 5, 2013
I don't think they want anybody and everybody exposed to it though (which they would be since every table is free to try out), whereas if you turn Family Mode off you must have bought the Pro version, meaning you're old enough that it doesn't matter.

Epsilon

Apr 19, 2012
Ok. Only that when you enter "pro menu" and then turn "operator mode: on" a message appears that says "changing any operators menu options from the default settings will not allow you to avhieve any goals, high scores or post to the leaderboard". This bit of information is a little unclear then. It should say "changing any settings in pro menu from the default..." As only activating operator mode doesn't change any settings in operators menu. What is actually the "operators menu"? I thought it was the menu you would enter when you open coin doir. They should be clearer about what they call the menus and modes and how they phrase their instructions then.

The Operator's Menu is the one you can get into by opening the coin door. I agree that it's a little vague as to what exactly they mean. Particularly the High Scores part; in my experience, your local high score list is still functional even when you change settings in Pro mode, it's just that you don't get credit for Goals/Achievements and you can't post to the global Leaderboards, which is perfectly understandable. It'd be nice if they could have it flag the particular gameplay-altering settings and let you change the rest without penalty, but I can see how that would be time-consuming to implement.

But the other night I was messing around with TOTAN and gave myself 10 balls per game, and the score I got in the one game I played like that is still my local High Score on that table, even after turning off the Operator mode and going back to defaults so I could go after the goals. Which is fine, because the local high scores don't mean much (and I'm pretty sure you can reset them yourself in the Operator menu or even set the defaults to whatever you want.)

Ideally I'd like it if the game maintained separate local high score lists for when you're in "Pro mode" and when you're "playing it straight," but since the game seems to cull that info straight from the ROM's high score list, that would probably require a bit more work.

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
I had this discussion for the android version a week or two ago. It seems entering and leaving operators mode changes that setting, so even if it looks like it's off by default, it's actually on.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts