Several sound and wall bugs

kcpinballfan

Apr 30, 2012
Ok after doing more testing I've been playing Funhouse on my Motorola Xoom and a couple bugs happened multiple times. First the sound cut out a couple times then it came back on and was playing the main music during all parts of the game, put rudy to sleep and the music was the same intro music overlapped on the funhouse closed music. Also not to get off on a rant but the lighting really needs an upgrade, its supposed to look like the funhouse is closed when rudy is asleep and the lights dim but they dont do this. The playfield and inserts look washed out. Funhouse is a machine I own and this is not even close to an authentic reproduction, sorry it needs work badly.

Back on subject, when you use the upper flipper sometimes the ball goes directly through the hotdog targets wall and into the pop bumpers. Other than that I do love the game just wish they would really spend a little more attention to detail, as it stands this funhouse is no different than the williams collection I have on the Wii that I purchased 3 and a half years ago. Thanks for looking.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Also not to get off on a rant but the lighting really needs an upgrade, its supposed to look like the funhouse is closed when rudy is asleep and the lights dim but they dont do this.
Android devices can't do the dynamic lighting effects due to performance reasons, and the multiple textures required to fake it using non-dynamic methods would make the table data too large.

How are you playing a game that hasn't been released yet?
Cirqus Voltaire and Funhouse have been released on Android. The iOS versions are coming any day now, the consoles God knows when.

kcpinballfan

Apr 30, 2012
Yeah Im sure youre right about the android phone version, they need to make an updated tablet version. It doesnt even make sense to play this game on a phone its too small and you cant read the inserts. I feel the android version is lacking and they could have taken advantage of the tablet market. Oh well, back to the real thing or vpinmame.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
The sound bug has happened to me too, though I can't place the steps that causes it to happen. It doesn't always happen.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Ok after doing more testing I've been playing Funhouse on my Motorola Xoom and a couple bugs happened multiple times. First the sound cut out a couple times then it came back on and was playing the main music during all parts of the game, put rudy to sleep and the music was the same intro music overlapped on the funhouse closed music.

This bug presents on SGS2 as well. I've seen it happen a few times between ball locks. That is the only time I have observed the behavior to be repeatable.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.