Questionable performance on my pc

InnerTwist

Nov 7, 2013
I´m having a hard time getting this game into a playable state. Maximum fps is around 45 no matter what options i choose (PP, vsync, reflections, max. pre-rendered frames, resolution). Even the menu screen does not go above 50 frames. Gameplay is generally slow with occasional slowdowns to ~25 fps (e.g. during multiball) and the ball is "stuttering" from time to time. Tested on TOTAN as i am holding off on buying any tables for obvious reasons.

My specs:
Win 7 64bit
i5-750 @3,6GHz
8 GB RAM
GTX 560 (newest drivers installed)

Anything else i could try?

Gardhul

Aug 5, 2013
Try to launch the game in "windowed fullscreen". On my i7 @4ghz + GTX570 I had similar poor performance. Now is smooth as butter with 16AA, reflection HIGH, VSync ON @1920x1200. Try it and let me know.

N

netizen

turn reflections, PP and AA off, set the view to windowed and start from there.

InnerTwist

Nov 7, 2013
I tried that before, tried it again a minute ago: 45 fps at most. And why can´t i get a better frame count during start-up or on the menu screen? Seems strange to me.

InnerTwist

Nov 7, 2013
Checked it. Nothing´s being forced on. Still wrapping my head around the start-up screen. It looks like it is capped at 50 fps.:confused:

Epsilon

Apr 19, 2012
Are you having any other issues with other games? I know this sounds like a long shot, but have you checked your computer for dust, etc? I only say this because I heard on a podcast recently that a guy was getting surprisingly low frame-rates on a game and it turned out it was because the heatsink on his CPU was covered in dust.

It really doesn't seem like this game is particularly demanding, so if you can't get decent framerates at any point it may be something hardware related.

InnerTwist

Nov 7, 2013
Yeah, have been thinking about this, too. Checked it not too long ago though. Gonna have to take a look I guess.

Gozer

Jun 10, 2013
Are you having any other issues with other games? I know this sounds like a long shot, but have you checked your computer for dust, etc? I only say this because I heard on a podcast recently that a guy was getting surprisingly low frame-rates on a game and it turned out it was because the heatsink on his CPU was covered in dust.

It really doesn't seem like this game is particularly demanding, so if you can't get decent framerates at any point it may be something hardware related.

Vinny from Giantbomb?

DodgeRodge

Jan 17, 2013
Just an idea: Maybe the internal graphics card from your Core i7 is rendering TPA instead of your GTX 560?

I also have a GTX 560 (+ Core i5 3570) and I always have 60 fps.

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
How does one tell the the number of fps? I am using an AMD card (Radeon HD R7770) if that makes a difference in your answer.

InnerTwist

Nov 7, 2013
Just an idea: Maybe the internal graphics card from your Core i7 is rendering TPA instead of your GTX 560?

I also have a GTX 560 (+ Core i5 3570) and I always have 60 fps.

I have the i5-750 which does not have an integrated GPU. Thanks anyway.

DodgeRodge

Jan 17, 2013
Oh i misread that, thought you had the i7.

What i found out today: Each time I played on my TV, I had slow motion during multiball in MM. And overall every table felt slower also. Both was not happening when playing on my PC monitor. Then I checked my TV refresh rate - It was set to 50Hz (in Nvidia control panel). When I set my TV to 60Hz all issues were gone!

I guess the game tried to vsync to 50Hz which caused my issues. Maybe your monitor/TV refresh rate is also not set to 60Hz?

Last edited:

Deltaechoe

Aug 30, 2013
turn vsync off, there are much better ways to limit framerate rather than using nvidia's (and amd's) vsync that likes to stutter a lot

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts