Pro mode not on all tables, that's misleading.

Tilter

Oct 1, 2013
I bought season 1 pro pack expecting all tables to have pro mode option, there was no information saying pro mode isn't enabled on all tables. I won't be buying season 2 as I feel the information given was misleading, you assume when you buy the pro pack that all tables have it enabled.

N

netizen

Where did it say that all tables have pro mode?

You assumed this information, no?

Tilter

Oct 1, 2013
Where did it say that all tables have pro mode?

You assumed this information, no?

Yes I assumed this information as it says for season 2.... "The season 2 Pro Pack will include all of the tables Plus all available pro versions of the tables for the greatly discounted price of £39.99"

It's unclear, it also doesn't say which tables are pro. You can read as all are pro or only some when it says 'plus all available', it's too misleading. Most people would just assume every table has pro when they buy pro pack. They shouldn't need to guess, if it said only some have pro menu or told you which ones do then that would be helpful, it doesn't though. So as I don't know which tables are pro in seasons 2 and which tables aren't I won't bother buying season 2.

RetroDude

Mar 24, 2012
I wouldn't consider it misleading... just not enough information provided.

"The season 2 Pro Pack will include all of the tables Plus all available pro versions of the tables for the greatly discounted price of £39.99"

Lets break that down into the two parts it is.

"will include all of the tables"
I read this as meaning all of the season 2 tables. That's pretty clear.
That's also what you received.

"Plus all available pro versions of the tables"
It didn't say pro versions of all of the tables. It says all available pro versions.
My read of that is that there isn't pro versions of all tables.
By making the purchase, you DID get all available pro versions.

Yes, it clearly doesn't say WHICH tables have pro versions, but it seems clear enough to me that every table doesn't have a pro version.

FarSight clearly needs to state somewhere within the purchase screens which tables have pro versions and which don't.

FarSight is to blame for not providing sufficient / complete information to the consumer at the point of purchase.
Unfortunately, you made an incorrect assumption because of lack of information available.
Making unsupported assumptions is a dangerous thing.

FarSight leaving themselves open to this sort of complaint for no good business reasons is also a dangerous thing.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah, they say "all available" because it's not available on all tables, only on some. There's nothing misleading about that.

Epsilon

Apr 19, 2012
Yeah, they say "all available" because it's not available on all tables, only on some. There's nothing misleading about that.

True, but it is a bit unfortunate. People who haven't been around since the beginning won't remember that they started adding Pro versions later, so it is kind of odd in a vacuum to see modern tables from the early packs not having Pro available at all. I hope they get back to adding them to at least the more complex tables like Monster Bash, etc. It feels incomplete without Pro mode (once you've used it for other tables, at least) especially for those of us who don't obsessively compete for higher leaderboard spots and just want to mess around with the tables for fun.

RetroDude

Mar 24, 2012
"unfortunate" and "bad business decision" =/= "misleading".

Regardless, this is something that FarSight needs to address ASAP.

Angering customers who just dropped $40-$50 or so is kind of a poor choice for word-of-mouth marketing.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Usually in the new releases at least, one of the tables per pack have been pro.
Though, and i'm not sure, since I usually don't buy the pro packs, maybe in season 2 all the SS tables have pro mode?
That could be why it's more expensive as well.

ZenTron

Jul 21, 2013
I hope FS just gets rid of the pay up PRO features, either include them or not. I think this is a reason for the DLC issue on steam too. To elaborate, having PRO tables adds more purchasing options/combinations which is confusing. So I think PRO should just be a standard feature if they choose to add it.

Last edited:

RetroDude

Mar 24, 2012
I hope FS just gets rid of the pay up PRO features, either include them or not. I think this is a reason for the DLC issue on steam too. To elaborate, having PRO tables adds more purchasing options/combinations which is confusing. So I think PRO should just be a standard feature if they choose to add it.

That's rather generous of you wanting to give away their hard work.

/backs away slowly before I say anything else.

rennervision

Feb 2, 2013
Based on the wording I wasn't expecting all tables to have a Pro mode, but I was rather surprised by some of the tables that didn't!

Tilter

Oct 1, 2013
"Plus all available pro versions of the tables"
It didn't say pro versions of all of the tables. It says all available pro versions.
My read of that is that there isn't pro versions of all tables.
By making the purchase, you DID get all available pro versions.

Yes, it clearly doesn't say WHICH tables have pro versions, but it seems clear enough to me that every table doesn't have a pro version.

It only seems clear when you know, if you've been involved in the beta or following development of the game then yeah the wording makes sense to a degree. But not everyone followed the development, and as such the wording is unclear/misleading to those that don't know all the ins n outs of the package. Im not saying it's misleading on purpose, but it ends up with customers feeling annoyed and feeling like they've been mislead.

morenoquinteiro

Oct 16, 2013
I don't think the pro mode is worth buying. Too much money for things like, checking the table out, going to the operator's menu and having some tips from pro players. Checking the table out should be a standard feature, I can't see why I should pay for it. Like, if I go to a real arcade, I could see the table the way I want. I think that's bad (having to pay more for that), because it is necessary to see them to study the rules, and besides that, the art is amazing and it would be cool to look as long as I want. I know I can put an Youtube video or look in the IPDB, but it would be cool to have it on the context of the game itself. Operator's menu is nice, really nice, buy hey, if you put that on, you mess with your leaderboard scores (so it's not worth it). The pro players tips are cool, but anyone can get it on the internet, so I don't see much of a point having it. If it was very well presented, with a video or something, or a feature along with the gameplay (I don't know, something different and cool), I think it would worth it, but the tips are presented like the instructions, it is effective but boring.

I think it would be nice to have as a pro option things like, tons of the game art, a chance to check not only the playfield, but the blackgass and the 3D model of the table (like, looking around it), curiosities about the table and so on. Things that make it exclusive.

Eek!

Nov 5, 2013
The wording definitely works (or doesn't work, depending on your viewpoint!) both ways, yes. I bought the pro season packs but didn't know how many tables included it. Still, I don't think it's something the team should strip out now, since they charge $10 more for the pro packs and people like myself have already paid for 'em.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I don't think the pro mode is worth buying. Too much money for things like, checking the table out, going to the operator's menu and having some tips from pro players. Checking the table out should be a standard feature, I can't see why I should pay for it. Like, if I go to a real arcade, I could see the table the way I want. I think that's bad (having to pay more for that), because it is necessary to see them to study the rules, and besides that, the art is amazing and it would be cool to look as long as I want. I know I can put an Youtube video or look in the IPDB, but it would be cool to have it on the context of the game itself. Operator's menu is nice, really nice, buy hey, if you put that on, you mess with your leaderboard scores (so it's not worth it). The pro players tips are cool, but anyone can get it on the internet, so I don't see much of a point having it. If it was very well presented, with a video or something, or a feature along with the gameplay (I don't know, something different and cool), I think it would worth it, but the tips are presented like the instructions, it is effective but boring.

I think it would be nice to have as a pro option things like, tons of the game art, a chance to check not only the playfield, but the blackgass and the 3D model of the table (like, looking around it), curiosities about the table and so on. Things that make it exclusive.

There is a standard feature included with all tables called "Instructions" that shows the rule and zooms around the table with big green arrows.

morenoquinteiro

Oct 16, 2013
There is a standard feature included with all tables called "Instructions" that shows the rule and zooms around the table with big green arrows.
I know, and it is very good and detailed, but I was talking about looking to the table like you can do in the pro mode. Like, checking the art, all the details, and so on. I can't see why this should be exclusive. I can get it when it comes to the operator's menu and exclusive tips, but not being allowed to simply look at the table is too much. Zen Pinball/Pinball FX2 put that as a standard feature.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.