jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
Backglass,
25.jpg

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I wasn't too keen on the playfield art when it was first revealed, but it does look better now with all the plastic and toys.

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
It looks good, but i think its stop and go without the flow. I miss fast ramps and fast big loops, but maybe they are there. I am not a fan of the right upper playfield.

Need to see this game in action.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Good Lord, that's a crowded layout. And what's that "There's No Place Like Home" area in the left outlane supposed to be?

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Looks terribly convoluted, and I don't see any loops or orbits, but it does have a nice minifield in the upper left. The upper right playfield looks like a terrible waste of space, with Dorothy's house roping off a sizable chunk of real estate for seemingly little purpose. The left outlane is intriguing, though all this speculation is moot until we see this puppy in action.

Last edited:

Jay

May 19, 2012
It's a visually beautiful table. I hope I get to play one some day. I don't think it's any more crowded than other modern machines like Twilight Zone or Next Generation

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I don't see any loops or orbits, but there does seem to be a Lawlor-style path through the jet bumpers. Any word on who the designer is?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Looks terribly convoluted, and I don't see any loops or orbits, but it does have a nice minifield in the upper left. The upper right playfield looks like a terrible waste of space, with Dorothy's house roping off a sizable chunk of real estate for seemingly little purpose. The left outlane is intriguing, though all this speculation is moot until we see this puppy in action.

The house is supposed to spin around at certain times.

I don't see any loops or orbits, but there does seem to be a Lawlor-style path through the jet bumpers. Any word on who the designer is?

Dennis Nordman.

Last edited:

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
Where is the LCD screen?

It looks great, but only 1 ramp, that playfield on the left will be getting so boring that your even avoid that shot to go upstairs. Right mini play field i dont like too, and it covers alot of possible targets space, there should have been a ramp/shot underneath it.

And there should be a left ramp too, but you will hardly ever aim for the left cause of the bumpers. It looks like a stop and go table. shoot, hit, wait, mini playfield, over and over again.

When i first heard of this they told they gonne bring pinball to the next gen, but apart from the (missing in this pictures) LCD screen i dont see anything groundbreaking or new stuff.

Dont get me wrong, it looks fantastic, but i am not sure the gameplay is something for me personal.

Its not only this table, but on alot of tables the mini playfields are boring and waiste of table space. Like transformers right up, but the lower playfield on ac-dc i dont like too. Its just not for me those gimmicks, its nice first few games and then it starts to bore you.

But ok, it looks good, all what i am saying now are assumements based on unfinished pictures, so i have to see it before my final verdict off course.

One thing i want to add what i find very dissapointing with this new pinball producer: the price. I was hoping price would go down with more players on the marcet, but their first table is 6000 euros around here. That is way to much to give pinball a real chance to succeed i am afraid. I was hoping for 2500 and 4 for le, or something like that.

Pinball would have exploded with home use buyers. But maybe its not realistic, but still, i am dissapointed about the very high price. I can buy a good car for that money, its insain.

Last edited:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
One thing i want to add what i find very dissapointing with this new pinball producer: the price. I was hoping price would go down with more players on the marcet, but their first table is 6000 euros around here. That is way to much to give pinball a real chance to succeed i am afraid. I was hoping for 2500 and 4 for le, or something like that.

Pinball would have exploded with home use buyers. But maybe its not realistic, but still, i am dissapointed about the very high price. I can buy a good car for that money, its insane.

This machine was designed to be a premium, high-end machine from the beginning. JJ is aiming for the BMW demographic - more expensive, but also more luxurious.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Looks like a real life Zen Studio table...I hope Pinballz gets this table when its released.

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
This machine was designed to be a premium, high-end machine from the beginning. JJ is aiming for the BMW demographic - more expensive, but also more luxurious.

Ok, now, then its my fault to not get myself informed properly. But still..... i wish i could join the pinball scene, but i just cant afford it, or i have to save for years or buy a 2nd handed or worse machine which i dont want.

2500 is still alot of money to me, but then i would stand a chance, now i am without any chance. And i think this price is to much for many many many pinball lovers worldwide.

I wonder, on stern site the acdc pro is sold for $5300 at the moment. How much are you paying for the licenses? Is that a large part or only a few hundreds?

Cause when they can build a non license machine for 2,5k/3k, then i can only hope they would go that route once a while.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.