Steam- Mac Version

gypsyshred

Apr 12, 2012
There are a ton of multiplatform games on Steam that give you the OSX version free with the purchase of the Windows version. As we already have an OSX port up and running, why not include that with the Steam purchase? Multiplatform bundles are always easy sales.

pethu1

Nov 4, 2013
+1!

Though I expect if you've already gone to the considerable trouble of getting your product into Apple store, you tap into a largely different market of people there -- and I don't think Farsight handling TWO distributions for the same platform will be a high priority...

Last edited:

Gordonomics

Jul 19, 2013
Lots of games are distributed through both the App Store and Steam. Sure, every Mac-owner has access to the App Store, but it can't be a bad idea to get it out through more channels...

Shoot Again

Aug 26, 2012
I don't think the distribution channel should be their highest priority but that they improve the Mac version.

However, if they won't improve the Mac version anytime soon I'd be happy to see some sort of cross licensing (such as Steam). That way I could license the tables on the Windows version and run it on my Mac until a better Mac version eventually shows up. Of course I could still do that but then I'd be left with Windows licensed tables the day they finally improve the Mac version. :-/

Pinb0t

Dec 9, 2013
Lots of games are distributed through both the App Store and Steam. Sure, every Mac-owner has access to the App Store, but it can't be a bad idea to get it out through more channels...

App Store is not an option to me. I don't need apple to verify my identity wherever I hang out.

Plus you it seems one can't make an Apple account w/o credit card.

I have purchased the game through Steam and if Farsight is not willing to offer the free OSX version through Steam I will rather install Windows on my Mac than purchase through the App store.

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
App Store is not an option to me. I don't need apple to verify my identity wherever I hang out.

Plus you it seems one can't make an Apple account w/o credit card.

I have purchased the game through Steam and if Farsight is not willing to offer the free OSX version through Steam I will rather install Windows on my Mac than purchase through the App store.

You can create an Apple account without a credit card. Just choose payment type = "none" or "PayPal" when you create the account.

Steam and Apple work in almost identical ways. Both identify you when online, and both allow offline play.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
App Store's a little better though. You don't have to have it running in order to play. Steam has to run in order for TPA to work on the PC. (Yes, you can play offline and all that, but it still has to run in order to play, while the App Store doesn't).

Heck, I don't think the App Store really identifies you - you can keep it closed and run TPA as much as you like without Apple knowing. Steam logs you in first and then you can select offline mode.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Mac is getting Steam version tomorrow!

1390683_667928109894919_801367356_n.jpg

1472877_667928316561565_1586436932_n.jpg

1507856_667928233228240_1622100568_n.jpg

Last edited:

squidlr

Feb 28, 2012
Good news I guess, especially for quick updates to the program, but I'd be more excited if improved table lighting was announced.

Also, is it part of that Steam feature where purchase one platform you have access to the PC download too?

open6l

Aug 5, 2013
I wouldn't be at all surprised if there is no cross-license here (even if Steam supports it). I'm more interested in finding out what this means for those of us that paid for the App Store version. Will they still concentrate on releasing and updating tables through the App Store or are they now focused only on the Steam release. As usual lack of info here.

N

netizen

Try messaging Stuart Webster to see if he'll comment here on what will happen for the app store purchasers, he's a FarSight developer and was involved in the Mac Steam version. He is pretty good about sharing any info that is allowed, and finding out what info can be found.

ZenTron

Jul 21, 2013
Its suppose to be cross-platform (PC/MAC) and is free to play unlike mac store version which is $10 for the base package if im not mistaken.

Try messaging Stuart Webster to see if he'll comment here on what will happen for the app store purchasers, he's a FarSight developer and was involved in the Mac Steam version. He is pretty good about sharing any info that is allowed, and finding out what info can be found.

squidlr

Feb 28, 2012
Anyone got this working on Steam?- It's listed on Steam for download, claims to have downloaded the game then refuses to start, something about 'missing executable'.

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
Yeah. We've run out of things to check on our end -- I've double and triple checked all of our release settings. We're waiting to hear back from our Valve rep.

trachea

Aug 17, 2012
Attempting to install just results in an empty app folder (SteamApps/common/PinballArcade). Attempting to "verify integrity of game cache" instantly results in "all files successfully validated".

Wacky.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts