Bug Slowdown During Scared Stiff Coffin/Monster Multiball (But Not Crate Multiball!)

rennervision

Feb 2, 2013
I've noticed Scared Stiff slows down a bit whenever Coffin or Monster Multiball occurs. FPS do not go down so there's no stutter with the sound or video, but suddenly the balls and flippers just feel sluggish. Oddly enough, this does not happen with Crate Multiball.

Was curious if others have noticed this? Seems like a strange bug to me.

Method

Apr 22, 2013
I'm having the same issue on Medieval Madness. Any time I get multiball, the game slows down to a crawl.

rennervision

Feb 2, 2013
Perhaps the slowdown may be linked to the number of balls used but it doesn't seem to be this way for every table. In SS, if it's three or more it's like I'm playing in slow motion. (But it's a smooth slow motion if that makes sense.) Crate multiball is only two balls so that's why it doesn't happen with that one. Haven't tried MM yet, but other games with three or more multiball has been giving me no trouble so far.

Is anyone out there not having this trouble with Coffin/Monster Multiball in SS?

Last edited:

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
I'm not seeing any of this and mp PC is 7 years old.

I'm curious as to what your hardware is like and your video settings.

Timelord ...

rennervision

Feb 2, 2013
My game is on max settings...

Resolution: 1600x1200
Window Mode: Fullscreen
Post Processing: On
Anti-Aliasing: 16X
Ball Reflection: High

My PC has the following specs...

DirectX: 11
CPU: Intel Core i7 3.2 GHz
Memory: 6 GB RAM
GPU: Two GTX 295s/4 GPUs running in Quad-SLI
Sound: Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium

Last edited:

rennervision

Feb 2, 2013
Yes. And as I've come to realize, I do experience this on other tables with 3 or more multiballs. (MM like another poster suggested. And Harley Davidson as well. But not necessarily every table, because I had no issues with Whitewater.)

N

netizen

I realize that you have really smoking specs for your PC, but have you tried playing with either Post processing turned off or reflections set to low to see if the problem still exists with these lower settings?

I ask because I have a total POS laptop and I haven't experienced slowdown in either of those modes, but I do not have PP or reflection enabled because my integrated GPU cannot handle those settings.

In a worst case scenario, maybe give your system a good cleaning? Dirty heatsinks/fans could degrade performance on a high end system

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Arg, I hate having only trials.

My testing is quite limited but I've had trouble with SS and MM on my work PC, I don't have to start multiball at all and they play fine for a minute and then slow to a crawl. Haven't experienced it on my laptop at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.