Help needed, why can't I run Pinball on my laptop

Carpy

May 7, 2012
This is driving me crazy, I suppose I'm new to the world if gaming on PC, I just can't get Pinball Arcade running on my laptop.
I've done a hard reset or whatever it's called back to factory settings as since I got my iphone my laptop become pretty redundant apart from playing my iTunes.
Now the processor is a Pentium Dual Core T440 @ 2.20 GHz with 4gb of Ram and DirectX version 11.
But even in windowed mode and reflection off the speed of the whole thing is so slow, takes a good 10 seconds for the ball to reach the game field.
I've been do desperate to play every since I first started getting the tables on the XBox and looking at it now, the PC is the place to be, I don't want to go and get myself another laptop if I can fix the one I got, could it be to do with my graphics card and how would I check that?

ptrbt321

Nov 8, 2013
Had the same problem, put every setting to NO, screen size 800x600 fullsized, this worked for me....the lack of a specific graphic card is the problem....

Retron

Oct 31, 2013
the lack of a specific graphic card is the problem....
Indeed. The Pentium T4400 was one of the last of the old-style Core 2 processors (albeit a castrated one!) and it relies on the chipset for its graphics. The next generation was the first of the Core i-series processors and from then on they've had integrated graphics on the CPU die, which gave a fair old boost to performance. Integrated graphics have come on leaps and bounds since then (Intel's now on the 4th generation of Core-i series processors).

As a result it's no surprise to hear you have to really dial back the graphics to play.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts