Help needed, why can't I run Pinball on my laptop

Carpy

May 7, 2012
This is driving me crazy, I suppose I'm new to the world if gaming on PC, I just can't get Pinball Arcade running on my laptop.
I've done a hard reset or whatever it's called back to factory settings as since I got my iphone my laptop become pretty redundant apart from playing my iTunes.
Now the processor is a Pentium Dual Core T440 @ 2.20 GHz with 4gb of Ram and DirectX version 11.
But even in windowed mode and reflection off the speed of the whole thing is so slow, takes a good 10 seconds for the ball to reach the game field.
I've been do desperate to play every since I first started getting the tables on the XBox and looking at it now, the PC is the place to be, I don't want to go and get myself another laptop if I can fix the one I got, could it be to do with my graphics card and how would I check that?

ptrbt321

Nov 8, 2013
Had the same problem, put every setting to NO, screen size 800x600 fullsized, this worked for me....the lack of a specific graphic card is the problem....

Retron

Oct 31, 2013
the lack of a specific graphic card is the problem....
Indeed. The Pentium T4400 was one of the last of the old-style Core 2 processors (albeit a castrated one!) and it relies on the chipset for its graphics. The next generation was the first of the Core i-series processors and from then on they've had integrated graphics on the CPU die, which gave a fair old boost to performance. Integrated graphics have come on leaps and bounds since then (Intel's now on the 4th generation of Core-i series processors).

As a result it's no surprise to hear you have to really dial back the graphics to play.

Members online

Members online