1usd=1eur

karabara845

Nov 9, 2013
Hello everyone

Who set those prices for Europe? Steam or Farsight?
I already buy almost all tables for my Nexus in google play (at normal, fair ratio 4.99 dolars for small pack)
Now I want buy seasons table pack for PC, but paying 28EUR for big pack because I live in Europe? Its not fair. Its
about 30% ripoff.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
and why i was to pay for Polish not finished and bugged as hell game named Arma 3 as for Battlefield 4 or 2 copies of Call of Duty Ghosts?

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Valve told / recommended Farsight to use these prices for Europe.

European Steam prices include VAT (Value added Tax).
The VAT in Poland is 23 percent.

Last edited:

Ripley

Aug 28, 2013
Hello everyone

Who set those prices for Europe? Steam or Farsight?
I already buy almost all tables for my Nexus in google play (at normal, fair ratio 4.99 dolars for small pack)
Now I want buy seasons table pack for PC, but paying 28EUR for big pack because I live in Europe? Its not fair. Its
about 30% ripoff.

Life isn't always fair. It is a good game and 28,- Euro worth. So buy it or leave it.

karabara845

Nov 9, 2013
and why i was to pay for Polish not finished and bugged as hell game named Arma 3 as for Battlefield 4 or 2 copies of Call of Duty Ghosts?
Have You personal problem with my country? judging from your reference. BTW Arma 3 is from Bohemia Interactive (its Czech developer), so.....misfire.

Valve told / recommended Farsight to use these prices for Europe.
European Steam prices include VAT (Value added Tax).
The VAT in Poland is 23 percent.

Not in "Google Play", so IMHO its ripoff in Steam.

currency exchange is circa 1EUR=1.34USD

from other side
1USD=0.75EUR
1USD+23%VAT=0.92EUR

on Steam 1USD=1EUR
on Google Play 1USD=0.75EUR
We all can be Fans, but simple math dont lie

Last edited:

Nimrod

Oct 29, 2013
We have to pay £22.99 for season 1 and £29.99 for season 2, compared to USD we are getting ripped off too unfortunately. Valve don't seem to care about people outside of the US.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
It's pretty simple really. If we paid actual currency rates both steam and the developers would get less money out of european sales because of VAT. The fault here if any does not lie with valve or farsight. It's your governments. Disclaimer: This isn't an anti-taxation rant, I'm just saying that that is the reason.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
Have You personal problem with my country? judging from your reference. BTW Arma 3 is from Bohemia Interactive (its Czech developer), so.....misfire.

heh, ok may be i mixed up a little..
but i think FS and Steam still can decide on their own which prices to set for their game and service.

pcraenme

Jun 18, 2013
Having bought season 1 and 2 season packs (both pro) on PS3 and iOS already, the euro price of the PC version is stopping me from buying it on that platform as well. As a loyal customer of Farsight I am disappointed in this pricing policy for countries that use euros. Instead of paying more than full price, people who have bought all tables already on the other platforms should get a discount.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Then wait for a steam sale on TPA.

Steam has many sales. TPA will go on sale.

You already have it on other platforms so you can wait another few months for it.

And Steam's pricing policies are due to your tax rates. Go talk with your politicians to fix the 20% VAT and 30% duties that get charged. And maybe even get them to price like North America - where tax is added at the register, not before. You get very good at adding sales tax to the price shown on the shelf.

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
Having bought season 1 and 2 season packs (both pro) on PS3 and iOS already, the euro price of the PC version is stopping me from buying it on that platform as well. As a loyal customer of Farsight I am disappointed in this pricing policy for countries that use euros. Instead of paying more than full price, people who have bought all tables already on the other platforms should get a discount.

This subject has been beat to death on another thread and closed by the moderators. Unless I'm mistaken.

pcraenme

Jun 18, 2013
I' m very sorry, but I am just responding to this thread and did not read or search the complete forum to see if someone has brought this up already. It's just a bit frustrating that a lot of companies use the 1:1 conversion rate between EUR and USD. Yes, we have 21% sales tax in my country, but import duty... that is not applicable to this. And yes, we are not talking about a lot of money here, but it is the principle. Exchange rates are there for a reason...

I decided not the buy any tables from season 1 and 2 on the PC, also because of this. For the next season I will make a choice between my available platforms, and just choose the best one or two. iOS I will always buy and maybe a second platform (PC, PS3 or PS4).

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
I' m very sorry, but I am just responding to this thread and did not read or search the complete forum to see if someone has brought this up already. It's just a bit frustrating that a lot of companies use the 1:1 conversion rate between EUR and USD. Yes, we have 21% sales tax in my country, but import duty... that is not applicable to this. And yes, we are not talking about a lot of money here, but it is the principle. Exchange rates are there for a reason...

Import duties depend on the country and location - and software is often counted towards duties as well. It may not be a physical item, but duties still count and the tax man gets you even on downloads.

And 1:1 is often right, because the EUR:USD exchange rate covers VAT, import duties as well as other stuff. For example, physical items that have a warranty include the cost of an extended warranty because of consumer protection laws - while the US may only have a 90 day or 1 year warranty, Euro law generally gives you a 2 to 3 year warranty. Anyone who's shopped in the US knows how much Best Buy etc. charge for a 2-3 year extended warranty, so that gets built into the price.

Of course, there's also costs that Valve encounters in managing foreign money, including the cost to import it back into the US to pay Farsight (thanks to US laws).

pcraenme

Jun 18, 2013
Import duties depend on the country and location - and software is often counted towards duties as well. It may not be a physical item, but duties still count and the tax man gets you even on downloads.
If the amount exceeds 22EUR, sales tax needs to be applied. Import duty from a non-EU country to a EU country only applies to amounts > 150 EUR. But ok, it seems EU customers just have to accept this higher price for all the 'extra stuff' Valve needs to do to 'manage' foreign currency. Everyone can make their own choice wether to accept this or not, and I've made my choice...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.