Slowdown when connecting Kindle Fire HD to HDTV via HDMI cable

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Has anyone tried to connect their Kindle Fire HD to an external display?

I know it's not the HD display causing the slowdown because the display on the Kindle Fire HD (the 8.9", 32GB model) shows the same slowdown as well.

As soon as the HDMI cable makes the connection between the Kindle and the display the slowdown starts up.

I would say it's about a half a second of lag. More than enough to make it nearly impossible to play.

The only thing I haven't tried yet is a shorter micro HDMI cable. Right now I am using a 15ft cable.
I was just curious if anyone has tried this.

dach

May 29, 2013
Same Kindle model connecting to an HD Samsung Tv. ( 1080 ) with a 6' cable. No lag and play is same . More than a bit annoying to sit that close to play. I use the Hdmi cable mostly for streaming movies from AmaZon

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
I had exactly the same problem with an ipad2 and HDMI out to my tv. It was fine until you connected the HDMI adapter, then there was lag on the TV and the ipad's screen.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Same Kindle model connecting to an HD Samsung Tv. ( 1080 ) with a 6' cable. No lag and play is same . More than a bit annoying to sit that close to play. I use the Hdmi cable mostly for streaming movies from AmaZon

Are you 100% sure? Sometimes it's not really easy to detect.

I think the easiest way to tell is on the Kindle carousel.
I notice it most when firt dragging and sending the icons spinning, then plugging in the HDMI cable and doing it again. There should be a slight laggyness to it.

I may try a shorter HDMI cable.
I'd really like to be able to use this on a lare screen TV.

dach

May 29, 2013
Positive spoonman. Felt identical to inputs from the Kindle. My mini hdmi cable was purchased from Amazon in the accessories area

Larry

Jul 4, 2013
I've got mine on a Wal-Mart cable running through a hub. Total length 10'+

It could be the hdtv.
I'd mess with the settings there and turn off any upscaling or 're-rendering.
Fwiw good luck!

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I've got mine on a Wal-Mart cable running through a hub. Total length 10'+

It could be the hdtv.
I'd mess with the settings there and turn off any upscaling or 're-rendering.
Fwiw good luck!

Thanks, but it's definitely not the display since the delay also happens on the Kindle display as well.
I know it's not the HD display causing the slowdown because the display on the Kindle Fire HD (the 8.9", 32GB model) shows the same slowdown as well.

I've also tried it on a couple different displays.
I may try to wipe the entire thing and restore back to factory settings. It's been acting strange lately and the other night Silk stopped loading and after clearing the cache and personal data it disappeared altogether.

SydyneBall

Jul 18, 2013
I tried to hook up the Kindle HD 8.9 to a HDMI Monitor. I did experience a lag, but a little different. The screen on the monitor would refresh just so slightly after the kindle screen, making trying to use the flippers impossible. Might be a monitor setting, I didn't real look into it, as it was annoying slipping where the ball looked to be compared to where it flipped to.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I tried to hook up the Kindle HD 8.9 to a HDMI Monitor. I did experience a lag, but a little different. The screen on the monitor would refresh just so slightly after the kindle screen, making trying to use the flippers impossible. Might be a monitor setting, I didn't real look into it, as it was annoying slipping where the ball looked to be compared to where it flipped to.

That sucks. I wish there was a way to eliminate the lag.

Larry

Jul 4, 2013
I just got an 8.9 upgraded from a 7
Lagged horribly until I flipped it 180 degrees.

I use landscape

Almost threw the thing out the window until it dawned on me to try it.
Like night and day difference

Hope it helps

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I just got an 8.9 upgraded from a 7
Lagged horribly until I flipped it 180 degrees.

I use landscape

Almost threw the thing out the window until it dawned on me to try it.
Like night and day difference

Hope it helps

Thanks for the advice. I've actually tried it both ways and the lag is the same either way. I'm going to try buying a shorter HDMI cable since I'm using a 15 footer. Who knows...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts