PC Version works in excellent 3D with Nvidia 3D Vision and with Oculus Rift w VorpX

paulohotline

May 18, 2013
Hey now, fellow pinheads. Add me in steam with user "paulohotline®" if you want to compare scores. Nvidia 3D Vision works great in this game, it works as well as Pinball FX 2. I would rate the 3D with everything on high, at max resolution of 1080p on my PC at a 9.5 out 10. I play allot of games in 3D using Nvidia 3D Vision so I know what I am talking about :)

I have also played a few games in the Oculus Rift using the Vorpx driver. It's not officially supported so there is no 3D at the moment or head tracking, but you do get a large screen in which to play your fav pin. It's fun playing the rift, now if only they can add full VR support without using Vorpx, OMG this would be insane!

Hopefully the boys in coding will get around to officially adding both these functions, but as stated earlier 3D works pretty much out of the box!

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
free anaglyph 3d driver

For those without fancy 3D gear, but at least a pair of cheapo cardboard red and blue goggles... you can play TPA in stereoscopy too.
Just go to http://www.iz3d.com/
in the download section, where you're asked to chooce a device or output, select ANAGLYPH
IZ3D's anaglyph driver is FOR FREE and it works!

The * on your numpad is the hotkey for switching it on/off, the plus and minus on the keypad allow you to tweak the 3D intensity.

works with many other games too.
You're welcome

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012
free anaglyph 3d driver

For those without fancy 3D gear, but at least a pair of cheapo cardboard red and blue goggles... you can play TPA in stereoscopy too.
in the download section, where you're asked to chooce a device or output, select ANAGLYPH

The * on your numpad is the hotkey for switching it on/off, the plus and minus on the keypad allow you to tweak the 3D intensity.

You're welcome

Thanks I have some cardboard 3d specs some where, I will dig them out and give it a try. But maybe initially when the Mrs is out the house :cool:

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
free anaglyph 3d driver

You're welcome
except for one problem. I have not seen those cardboard specs around for years. Finding those if you don't have any is near impossible.

oqvist

Nov 23, 2013
I need to find one I know I have some somewhere laying around. I do have a 120 hz 3D monitor and it worked okay in pinball arcade but it´s still kind of pseudo 3D. FX/2 do have an edge on the 3D modelling department it appears just for a 3D reference.

Dan Jaquint

Apr 19, 2013
Thanks, I was doing this in Future Pinball with BAM and it looked/worked really great. But I don't use Future Pinball anymore because of PA and missed a cheap way to do 3D...

So, I turned on the NVidia 3D stereoscopy mode - This is good to know but it doesn't seem to work in portrait very well. The menu is "on top" and pops out in 3D but all of the objects on the playfield don't seem in 3D towards you, but instead, the table moves left and right in 3D with you. I'd rather have it the other way around (Z, not X,Y). Is there anyway to adjust this? I haven't tried non portrait yet...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts