After Operator menu changes, best way to restore TPA for PC back to FS default?

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
I have never owned a Pro Table before, but I love TPA for PC version so much that I bought both Season 1 and Season 2 Packs in Pro. I really don't know what I am doing yet in Operators Menu, but I do see the Reset button. From this recent thread, http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...es-factory-ROM-settings-not-Farsight-settings ,
it indicates that that the Reset button may take it to the Manufacturer's table default which may be different than FarSight's initial/default setting for that same table. If that is the case, what would be the easiest way to get a given table returned back to the initial FarSight default (i.e. as it looked before I messed with the Operator Menu). On my Kindle, I could simply remove the entire TPA program, and re-download it from the Kindle cloud. Is that what I would have to do in Steam? And if so, what's the easiest way to do that in Steam? Thanks

Last edited:

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
I have not tested this exhaustively, however, I believe you can simply turn off the operator's menu and the game reverts back to the default setting. In fact, if I turn the operator menu off, I seem to lose any of the changes I made when I turn the operator menu back on again.

N

netizen

I have not tested this exhaustively, however, I believe you can simply turn off the operator's menu and the game reverts back to the default setting.
This is the normal behaviour. With pro Mode you have to sort of think of it as two versions of the same table. One with locked settings, and the other with settings you can alter.

In fact, if I turn the operator menu off, I seem to lose any of the changes I made when I turn the operator menu back on again.
This is not normal behaviour if this is happening. I haven't seen it happening on my steam version, are you exiting the operators menu settings with the escape button (on screen), then using the back button to get to the game menu?

To answer the OPs question the game is usually set up with the Medium difficulty settings. In the Utility menu of the operars menu there are pre-sets you can install a pre-set difficulty level from there. There is usually also a factory reset option in the utility menu as well, the reset button seems to be a short cut to this utility option. be advised that using the reset button or the factory reset option can usually result in erasing you local HSTD data.

Once you have familiarized your self with the menu options it's not difficult to revert/change the settings fairly quickly to suit your mood/desire for a pro mode game. Utilities are a fast tool.

I wrote a blog entry to help players understand the settings in pro Mode if you wish to read it.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
You are correct, I was apparently not saving my operator menu settings. I went back in this time and when I made a change it gave me a countdown (3..2..1) and actually kept the setting when I closed and then re-opened the operator door.

I changed the Family Mode setting to off on Medieval Madness, got my high score and also completed the Barnyard Multiball Wizard Goal, and can verify that none of it officially counted as I had made a change to the default game settings. Bummer, but that just means I'll have to play it again in default if I want to get the goals completed, which decidedly does not suck. :)

Last edited:

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Could someone please clarify the whole family mode and not saving scores thing? Family mode turned off is a factory setting and doesn't alter the gameplay in a way that it effects the scores. It just makes the game more enjoyable for some people. So banning you from leaderboards just makes no sense at all.
Factory settings (= family mode off) is how it was meant to be played! So please fs make it so that grown ups may join the leaderboards as well.

In addition the whole operators mode is poorly executed. Please assign dedicated buttons/keys to the coin door buttons. Navigating the menu is torture!

Also it would be great that it would be somehow indicated which table was altered. I just can't remember sometimes. Just a little icon or sth. This would also help with the fact that sometimes the standard settings are the factory one and sometimes they aren't. Or is there a way to see it without getting to to operator menu?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts