Possible season 3 tables based on polling results

amxmodx

Nov 7, 2013
Based on these polling results:

http://digitalpinballfans.com/conte...t-Wanted-Table-Poll-Series-THE-RESULTS-ARE-IN!!!

Will "Red and Ted Roadshow" and "World Cup Soccer" comes out in Season 3?

These are the two tables I would like to play since I seen these tables when I was young heh!

Especially "Roadshow" with lots of interesting ramps and triggers. Seems fun!
(TBH - I didnt get to play this table when I was young cause my mom don't allow me to play hehe)

For "World cup Soccer", I would like to recap how the table looks like :)

Last edited:

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
The Season 3 tables are most likely going to be based on the polls, so the answer is Yes.

Roadshow is a great table. Some people say it's cluttered to the brink, but I think it's not any of their problems. If you want a cluttered (and clunky) game, try Rolling Stones.

World Cup Soccer... I haven't played it in real life yet, but I hope it's a good table. I love the ramp that squiggles throughout.

Welcome to the forums!

amxmodx

Nov 7, 2013

Hmm. I guess that is some good news.. Hopefully January = Roadshow or World Cup first. Or Both XD

Childhood tables for me yea :)

World Cup Soccer. I have seen it but never played it yet. 3 ramp exits (includes 1 launch exit) on the right return lane. Looks fun. :)

Epsilon

Apr 19, 2012
These are easily two of my most hoped-for tables. World Cup Soccer is absolutely brilliant. It's so much better than it has any business being. The only thing that worries me about it is that the license might be tough to come by, especially since some of it might be tied up specifically with the '94 USA iteration of the event. There are probably some tricky issues with that and I'd imagine that the World Cup license is generally pretty expensive, considering that EA can't even seem to get it in their soccer games aside from the dedicated side releases.

Road Show is tremendous as well. Absolutely love the blast zone shot. That's one that will never get old.

SpiffyRob

May 5, 2012
WCS94 is a spectacular table. Surely the most underrated of J-Pop's designs. Only real complaint is that it is a bit on the easy side, but that's not terribly rare with J-Pop tables anyway.

It would be a shame if we never saw it due to licensing reasons, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if that were the case. FIFA are crooks.

amxmodx

Nov 7, 2013
WCS94 is a spectacular table. Surely the most underrated of J-Pop's designs. Only real complaint is that it is a bit on the easy side, but that's not terribly rare with J-Pop tables anyway.

It would be a shame if we never saw it due to licensing reasons, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if that were the case. FIFA are crooks.

If WCS table will not be released due to licensing reasons, at least we still have Roadshow, though better to have both :D

Anyway, WCS is a pinball, not a soccer or a football manager game. So I don't see the reason why this table is not going to release.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Both tables are really fun, two of the few tables that can be found around my town. (The others are MM, MB, LOTR, TotAN, Spiderman and Avatar, so they're few but good IMHO). Would really love to have them in TPA.

Hopfully fifa won't ask too much for the license, even crooks can understand that making some money is better than making none. It's worse when there are other issues, like Raul Julia and adams family licenses.

amxmodx

Nov 7, 2013
Lord of the Rings. Played before via free credits because the previous player thought its Game Over and didn't realize there is a free replay LOL

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
The Season 3 tables are most likely going to be based on the polls, so the answer is Yes.

Roadshow is a great table. Some people say it's cluttered to the brink, but I think it's not any of their problems. If you want a cluttered (and clunky) game, try Rolling Stones.

World Cup Soccer... I haven't played it in real life yet, but I hope it's a good table. I love the ramp that squiggles throughout.

Welcome to the forums!

As far as I know these polls are all unofficial and season 3 releases won't be based on these results. I can only imagine what the fallout from most of their customers would be if they found out that new releases are based on polls they never saw before.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
WC is my most wanted table hands down. I've given up hope on Indiana jones ever making it to TPA.

Bobby has pretty much said that anything owned by Disney is out for the foreseeable future. So you're right in giving up hope.

amxmodx

Nov 7, 2013

Welcome to the forums!

As far as I know these polls are all unofficial and season 3 releases won't be based on these results. I can only imagine what the fallout from most of their customers would be if they found out that new releases are based on polls they never saw before.

The poll results are in!!! The following collectively represent the 60 Most Wanted Tables as voted by the pinball community and a possible glimpse at what we may see in Seasons 3 and 4 of The Pinball Arcade...maybe sooner!

So which one is correct? I'm confused.

Last edited:

Outrun

Nov 12, 2013
I hope for both...

If WCS table will not be released due to licensing reasons, at least we still have Roadshow, though better to have both :D

Anyway, WCS is a pinball, not a soccer or a football manager game. So I don't see the reason why this table is not going to release.

Both pinballs are great, and I do hope they can both be done. Of course, RoadShow has its own licensing issues: Music. Though programmed by the brilliant team at WMS, the multi-ball song IS Carlene Carter's "Every Little Thing." Indeed, Ms. Carter voices Red.

Music licensing may also be a hindrance to Party Zone, one of the Nordman games I'd also love to see.

amxmodx

Nov 7, 2013
Both pinballs are great, and I do hope they can both be done. Of course, RoadShow has its own licensing issues: Music. Though programmed by the brilliant team at WMS, the multi-ball song IS Carlene Carter's "Every Little Thing." Indeed, Ms. Carter voices Red.

Music licensing may also be a hindrance to Party Zone, one of the Nordman games I'd also love to see.

Since gameplay is the most important aspect, just change the music so that it can be released :)

Although to some people to them is no longer a re-creation because of music changes, but still the game table is there for us to play :)

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
I doubt they'd leave it out. But I don't see how licensing some completely unknown country track could ever be an issue. :)

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Road Show is tremendous as well. Absolutely love the blast zone shot. That's one that will never get old.

Enhanced with the *very* strong rocker motor in this machine. The TPA version will really miss this feature. Unless the devs can somehow make the screen shake to simulate this.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Well force feedback in the controller would be an obvious way to do it, and is pretty similar to how it feels on a real table. Maybe combined with a low frequency sound in the speakers, for immersion.
Last time I played a RS, the shaker motor was insane - when playing either of the tables next to it (STTNG and JD) it felt like the motor was actually in those tables.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013

Will it be that expensive? I had never heard of Carlene Carter (though I guessed right that she was probably June Carter's daughter).

Members online

Members online