Portrait mode in PS4 ?

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Anyone can tell me if portrait mode will be implemented in PS4 version?

thx

I can tell you that it won't be at launch. I think FarSight sees portrait as cabinet mode and they seem to be only planning on that for the PC release.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
I'm pretty sure dada8787 wasn't asking for cabinet mode, just regular old portrait mode, for those of us who are tired of wasting good old screen real estate on all that space on either side of the table.

I turn my TV on the side for a lot of other games, and it just feels dumb that I can't do it for TPA.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I'm pretty sure dada8787 wasn't asking for cabinet mode, just regular old portrait mode, for those of us who are tired of wasting good old screen real estate on all that space on either side of the table.

I turn my TV on the side for a lot of other games, and it just feels dumb that I can't do it for TPA.

I know what he was asking and I responded appropriately. Read my answer because I don't think you comprehended it.

dada8787

Nov 11, 2013
portrait mode in FX2 PC looks like cabinet mode, you can see that from top to down without any unnecessary space around.
Potrait mode in TPA PC right now is little bit different (still have some unused space on top) but I think they will fix it soon.
I would like to ask any developer here if something like that will come to PS3 in near future.
If answer is no, then I will by PC versions of all tables now.
My point is that I want to play TPA in portrait mode, PS4 im getting anyway soon,so my priority would be PS4.

Thanx

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
I know what he was asking and I responded appropriately. Read my answer because I don't think you comprehended it.

To be fair, your answer is pretty incomprehensible :), and I'm still not sure I understand what you meant, and why you start talking about cabinet mode.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
To be fair, your answer is pretty incomprehensible :), and I'm still not sure I understand what you meant, and why you start talking about cabinet mode.

When you hear FarSight talk about portrait mode for anything other than mobile they talk about cabinet mode and that cabinet mode is only planned for the PC release.

So to FarSight portrait on a TV or monitor = cabinet support. I'm sorry that my first post didn't explain this well.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Then I did understand you correctly, and my point still stands - we aren't talking about cabinet mode, we are talking about a regular old rotated screen. No matter what FS says, cabinet mode has no relevance to this :p

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Ive been asking them for Tate mode since 2008 and they told me they could implement it very easily and would look into it... Unfortunately I don't think thy believe enough people want it.

It's obviously a superior view for pinball to play in that mode, and for Jose of us with rotatable displays it would be perfect.
All I can suggest it to keep emailing their tech support and requesting it. Perhaps if enough people ask for it they might add it. Who knows...

I'd like it on the PS3 as well.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Then I did understand you correctly, and my point still stands - we aren't talking about cabinet mode, we are talking about a regular old rotated screen. No matter what FS says, cabinet mode has no relevance to this :p

It's relevant because they make the game!

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
No, its completely relevant. It seems like FS only relates portrait orientation as being necessary only for a cabinet build, so they don't place any value on implementing on platforms that wouldn't be used for cabinet builds. That's why you won't see portrait on the consoles (at least not right away).

Farsight's perception of the usefulness of the feature, even if potentially misguided, is all that really matters since they make the decisions on what to implement. If people want to eventually get portrait mode on the consoles then FS needs to be convinced there there is demand for it outside of people that want to do cabinet builds.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
It's still two entirely different things, and portrait mode already exists for mobile devices. Cabinet modes are supposedly upgrades similar to pro packs, while portrait mode is just a different camera viewport.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
It's still two entirely different things, and portrait mode already exists for mobile devices. Cabinet modes are supposedly upgrades similar to pro packs, while portrait mode is just a different camera viewport.

To YOU they are two different things but to FarSight its the same thing.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
I feel like a scatch in a record here.... it doesn't matter what FarSight thinks it is, just look at the question from the consumer perspective. The consumer who wants a regular portrait mode, not cabinet. It's really not too complicated. :p

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I feel like a scatch in a record here.... it doesn't matter what FarSight thinks it is, just look at the question from the consumer perspective. The consumer who wants a regular portrait mode, not cabinet. It's really not too complicated. :p

Who makes The Pinball Arcade? FarSight. Who is confused about linking non-mobile portrait mode to cabinet mode? FarSight. Who would need to be convinced that there is a need for portrait mode on the PS4? FarSight. So much for irrelevancy.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts