Steam's DLC tab/packs not showing

Eek!

Nov 5, 2013
Now that the DLC for PA's seasons is finally in the Steam Store, please try and fix it with Valve so those of us that bought the season packs prior have them show in the DLC tab too. I was surprised this hasn't happened by default, but I think it's only fair it does.

amxmodx

Nov 7, 2013
Steam discussions regarding this issue: http://steamcommunity.com/app/238260/discussions/0/648811127006564396/

Hi there. Although pretty small matter, It would be nice if the season pack DLC that I purchased in-game will show up on Steam "Licences and Subscriptions" under our account tab here:

3CYDF.png

And also show up here as well (An example):

steam-dlc.jpg

This way we will feel safe and relieved that our steam accounts have those purchases tagged to it, even when we bought the season packs in-game :)
Especially for us customers who have purchased the season packs before this DLC was shown in the steam store.

P.S. that guy should not have shown his account name openly just like that =.=

Last edited:

Nimrod

Oct 29, 2013
u9cFD0h.png

Ignore the failed purchase, that was me being an idiot. But if you click on Game Transactions you can see the purchases in TPA there.

Eek!

Nov 5, 2013
Yes, the DLC is tied to your Steam account so in terms of that it's fine, it's not going anywhere, but I still really want it to show in the DLC tab like it will for new users who purchase. There are benefits/reasons:

The game will stay in your game list even if you uninstall because it's in the DLC tab (whereas without any showing, and because it's a F2P game, it will vanish otherwise and feel less 'legit' like you own it).
There's an issue - or supposed issue - with card drops right now that affects us.
I simply want it to be the same as with new users. It feels messy with the current way it's logged and as an early buyer I don't want to feel punished.

It must be easy enough to fix with a word to Valve, surely; simply convert the game transaction purchases to the DLC tab, making note those that have pro seasons and those that have regular.

streetsonfire

Nov 5, 2013
I think my biggest concern with this is what if someone tries to gift a season pack to someone that has already bought it from the in game store? I've already bought the two seasons from the in-game store, and I'm able to add the dlc packs to my cart, which shouldn't be possible since I already own all of the tables.

Eek!

Nov 5, 2013
^ Yes, although you own the DLC it is not shown in the conventional way, so nobody would know you technically already own the DLC and people would be allowed to gift you it (obviously if you accepted it'd be a waste, and if not it'd be a waste for them (unless they really like pinball)). It was the same with the custom balls - as a pro season pack holder (x2) I was eligible for several that haven't yet appeared (I guess another bug) and, when I was tired one day, accidentally re-bought them. Presumably money lost for when they're finally fixed, but that was only a couple of dollars.

Obviously the devs have lots to do right now (on all platforms), but I really hope they and Valve (who are also notorious for being a little slow) bang their heads together and fix it up for us. As early Steam buyers we aren't more important than anybody else, but we really should be on an equal level, at least.

streetsonfire

Nov 5, 2013
I contacted Valve support to see if they could convert the in-game purchased season packs to the DLC packs. Their response was 'Unfortunately, due to agreements with our publishers, which we are bound to, we are unable to fulfill your request to change the package of your DLCs.' so it looks like it's on Farsight to do something, if they intend to.

Eek!

Nov 5, 2013
Seems unfortunate; I do think ultimately Valve are the ones who have to fix/edit the code, but it's up to Farsight to contact them about it. I really hope they do and don't just ignore those of us who would like this implemented.

Vegard

Jan 2, 2014
Glad I found the thread; was about to create a similar one. There is a thread about this on the Steam forum, and it currently has over 100 replies. A dev did post saying they have asked Valve about it; but that was a long time ago. I bought both Season 1 & 2 pro packs the day after the game got released, and it's pretty lame that us early adopters get punished for buying the DLC too early :p

Vegard

Jan 2, 2014
Am I allowed to bump threads on these forums? I really feel like we deserve a definitive answer on this issue.

Eek!

Nov 5, 2013
I tried to keep it fairly near the top before but gave up when I realised nobody on the dev side was responding (but responding to threads around it).

Vegard

Jan 2, 2014
This thread was very barren compared to the one on the Steam forums, which has about 170 posts. Wish they'd just fix it; can't possibly be a lot of work involved. I have both S1 & 2 Pro, but haven't bought S3 yet because of this.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
We are aware of this issue. I'm not sure what the solution is yet. The only solutions I know of are quite a lot of work, and I'm not sure if Valve will allow those.

Vegard

Jan 2, 2014
We are aware of this issue. I'm not sure what the solution is yet. The only solutions I know of are quite a lot of work, and I'm not sure if Valve will allow those.

Any updates on the issue? There have been many threads on the Steam forum regarding this. People have tried contacting Steam support directly for a DLC conversion, but they've been directed to post in the Steam Suggestions forum. A thread was made there, but promptly moved to the PA forum. Now there are at least 4 threads on the subject. The biggest one had over 200 posts.

I think it's safe to say that this isn't going to go away until it is fixed.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts