Request True bug tracker?

Deltaechoe

Aug 30, 2013
While using the forum is all fun and good, I think it would be helpful to the devs and the community alike to have an actual bug tracker set up for this game. This would provide a more automated and structured way of reporting bugs and make it easier for everyone to see what needs to be fixed, what has been fixed, if it's a feature, ect

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
They have an internal one. I'm not permitted to reveal specifics, but it is an industry-standard bug tracker that any developer would recognize.

The master issues lists were developed A) to aid FarSight in getting bug reports from the forum into their system, and B) to give players a publicly-available resource to look up bugs and their status, potential workarounds, etc. It was never intended to be a primary bug tracking system. The problem with it, as you've probably noticed, is that its update frequency depends greatly on how much free time I have, and lately that's been "not much". But it's still better than what we had before I started.

Hopefully over Thanksgiving weekend I will have time to trawl the forum again and do a mega-update on the lists.

Deltaechoe

Aug 30, 2013
I did mean a public bug tracker, if they didn't have one internally that would incredibly irresponsible from a development standpoint. I just thought that a public tracker with user reported issues would be easier to browse through than going through that large post. I'm not really complaining about anything, just trying to be helpful and it's entirely up to you guys as to how to run it since you're providing it as a free service (thank you for that, by the way).

N

netizen

It's been requested, and we've been told it's not needed basically.

Of course that doesn't preclude anyone with webspace or a google docs account from setting up a bug tracker or a spreadsheet etc if they so desire. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.