All controls frozen after entering my initials; am I doing something wrong?

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
Twice now, after I earned a score high enough to make it to high scores, I saved my 3 initials. It then displayed my initials and totals with those of other players' initials and high scores. Then it came back into the same table, and my problem began. At that point, I could not get any game buttons to work on the XBox controller, or the Mouse, or the Keyboard. On the DMD it was giving an advertisement for the game, like showing information about Stern. And I could hear the music. At that Point all I could do was Ctrl-Escape back to Windows and kill TPA from from Taskbar or Task manager. Then when I restarted TPA, and went back to the table, checked the high scores, I did not even find my initials.

This happened to me in Ripleys table. I am a beginner level player, so it's hard for me to reproduce.

I happened to be playing in Portrait mode, but I don't know if that's related to my problem or not. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug others have seen or can reproduce?

Last edited:

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
This just happened to me with Tales of the Arabian Night (TOTAN) as well. After entering my initials, I have hit the Back button and then after it went back to table the frozen controls occurred here too to me. This time showing Williams information.

Last edited:

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
Ok, I have found a workaround. After I have entered my initials, and then after the entire list of high scores/initials are displayed, if I click the Continue button the controls then do not freeze. The freeze occurs when I click the Back button instead of the Continue button. Does anyone know a way out of the screen at that point after the Back button is used? If not, is this a bug?

Last edited:

SpiffyRob

May 5, 2012
Ran into this last night as well, had to kill TPA to get out of it.

I can mess around with it a bit more tonight, but I think seattlemark has got it: The back button causes this.

morenoquinteiro

Oct 16, 2013
Not a big issue at all, but I don't like the sound that it does when you are putting your initials on some tables. That "bleep bleep" you have in the game menus. It sounds generic and intrusive. But as I said, not a big issue, I can live with that.

Roo

Jul 5, 2013
The back button also causes problems after you reach the score limit on a demo table (at least in portrait). It gives you an option to buy the table, an option to buy the season pass, and a back button. If you click the back button, the menu disappears and you are stuck looking at an inactive table until you hit the key to bring the pause menu back up (I'm not sure if it's the "pause" key or the "menu back" key as I mapped them both to Esc...so it might be Backspace by default). Then you can quit the current game and get back to the table menu.

So the back button itself may be problematic. I'm not sure why the screen after initial entry even has a back button, to be honest.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
The back button also causes problems after you reach the score limit on a demo table (at least in portrait). It gives you an option to buy the table, an option to buy the season pass, and a back button. If you click the back button, the menu disappears and you are stuck looking at an inactive table until you hit the key to bring the pause menu back up (I'm not sure if it's the "pause" key or the "menu back" key as I mapped them both to Esc...so it might be Backspace by default). Then you can quit the current game and get back to the table menu.

So the back button itself may be problematic. I'm not sure why the screen after initial entry even has a back button, to be honest.

I ran into this same problem yesterday. Definitely an issue. There is a workaround though. You can go press start (or the keyboard equivalent) to go to the pause menu and exit the table from there.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.