My portrait mode setup for TPA (fake mini cab)

Retro Invaders

Aug 16, 2013
Here's my solution on how you can make a simple stand for the monitor. Let's call it "Fake mini cab" Make it for two hours. I used it for a Visual Pinball, but now it's time to test a new TPA portrait mode. The body is made of (styrofoam) or (plastic foam) - don`t know the english version of the word. My control setup is very closely follows the original position of the hands on the pinball machine (I use Xpadder program to config buttons). So its cheap, quick and works like a charm. But it looks kinda ugly lol.

a9e7a0a23f06.jpg

b35770943692.jpg

ab3a8e2e68df.jpg

5125cd91dc96.jpg

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
whatevers clever! See Heretic get creative. Good job :) now how long till PS3 gets that view so I can mod my TV :p oh and 2 controller simultaneously.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
I appreciate your ingenuity , this reminds me of my cardboard StarWars ships I used to craft as a child.

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
Retro Invaders - what controller(s) are you using for your flipper buttons, and for your other buttons? Are you using more than one controller at a time so you can reach both sides of your mini cab?

Last edited:

Retro Invaders

Aug 16, 2013
I love it! what size is your monitor?
22`
Retro Invaders - what controller(s) are you using for your flipper buttons, and for your other buttons? Are you using more than one controller at a time so you can reach both sides of your mini cab?
Yes, its 2 Logitech Precision controllers on both sides (look at the attached photos).

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
I did this test "installation" earlier during the beta testing hehe, can't wait to try it out with proper portrait mode ;)
48" Sony LCD tv flipped on the side and resting on a towel and leaning against my TV furniture hehe.
Edit: playing with a 360 wired controller

p5potD0.jpg

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
I used flipped portrait mode on my 17'' laptop screen and then propped it up on some books so the vents wouldn't be blocked and I could get a good angle. Looks great and plays great with a wireless 360 controller. Now I just need to get working on my cabinet build so I can see it in it's full glory!

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
I am interested in what the various folks are using for their home made cabinets, mini cabinets, and fake mini cabinets (as in this thread :) ) for buttons on the two sides of those cabinets. I am using a single wireless XBOX controller with my PC, but that's not the same as tapping pinball table flipper buttons situated separately on both sides of the cabinets. Buttons on both sides of the cabinet would provide a more realistic pinball experience than a single XBOX controller. Although, if anyone is using a controller that has more realistic pinball buttons than an Xbox controller, I would be interested in hearing about that too.

Last edited:

dada8787

Nov 11, 2013
x_arcade_dual_side.jpg

guys I just bought x-arcade dual controller wich have flipper buttons on each side. Anyone using it with TPA ? I think I could use it even with building new cab :)

Last edited:

Roo

Jul 5, 2013
guys I just bought x-arcade dual controller wich have flipper buttons on each side. Anyone using it with TPA ? I think I could use it even with building new cab :)

Not sure if it registers as a keyboard or joystick, but if it's a joystick use a program like xpadder or joy2key and convert it to keyboard inputs. Remap TPA controls and you'll be good to go.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts