Tables shifted to the right in portrait?

imagamejunky

Sep 2, 2013
I guess I'm a perfectionist, but this is really bothering me. My eyes are immediately focused on the playfield not being centered and uniform.
Almost all of the tables look wrong to me because they are shifted to the right. Some of the tables have the flippers centered with the top of the playfield shifted to the right. Others have both the flippers and the playfield shifted. I will try to show examples.
Here's Cactus Canyon
https://db.tt/gGtOs3VZ

Last edited:

imagamejunky

Sep 2, 2013
Now here's an example of a table that looks perfect. The play field is centered and uniform.
STTNG
https://db.tt/BphOOpOS

I don't think I'm asking too much ESPECIALLY because I paid $90 for these. I play hundreds of free Visual Pinball, Future Pinball tables and they are centered just fine. If you guys don't want to fix this then will you please allow us the option to move the playfield over? Future Pinball has this option and it works perfectly.
Please respond.
Thanks
Junky

Last edited:

Lobotomy

Jul 21, 2013
Most of the portrait versions of the camera are bad, and they know that.
But i think they just threw them out in a hurry to quiet the masses for a while.

Lobotomy

Jul 21, 2013
It just hit me, but haven't checked it out in my cab yet, are the flippers centered instead of the table?

Edit: oops, did'nt read the first post :p

Last edited:

priested

Nov 7, 2013
I believe their philosophy is to position the tables so that the flippers are centered. I'm not sure that the flippers are actually in the center on the real tables but if they aren't, that probably explains it. I agree with you;however that regardless of the position of the flippers, the view should be like it would be on a real table with the playfield centered rather than the flippers. Hope they fix this when they fix Funhouse which is currently unplayable.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I'm sure they'll have it fixed for when cabinet mode is officially supported, but I would be surprised if we have an option to have either the table centered or the flippers centered in portrait until then.

Members online

Members online