Request PC/Steam Beta

gypsyshred

Apr 12, 2012
I know you guys are doing public testing on Android, and that's a great idea. From glancing at the post, it seems like you guys get a ton on good feedback. But I think you should also run an ongoing PC beta/preview. It'll be easier to catch and critique the graphics, physics and bugs on a big HD monitor than a tiny phone. I'm not a dev, but my impression from other games is that rolling out public/private betas through steam wouldn't be relatively difficult, and it'd be super easy for the testers. Possibly you could password lock it, and give the password out in this forum to keep access within the community. I'm sure there are lots of players that would be able to test but don't have access to Androids, lets put the community to work and make the best game possible.

gypsyshred

Apr 12, 2012
It was my understanding that was a beta for the PC version and general, my idea was more to test the new tables being prepared for release. It was also my understanding that the Kickstarter beta was closed with the PC release.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
It was my understanding that was a beta for the PC version and general, my idea was more to test the new tables being prepared for release. It was also my understanding that the Kickstarter beta was closed with the PC release.

Yeah, it's going to continue for new tables, but in a private forum, similar to the iOS beta.

N

netizen

Android is open, afaik, due to the level of fragmentation in the operating environment.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
They definitely should have tried to recruit people interested in tracking down bugs instead of selling it off in my opinion, but I guess it's too late now. Oh well.

The PC beta testers did a ton of work up to the release of the Steam version.

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
In general, one of the nice things for an active Beta Software Tester is that the particular environment combination they personally own (their hardware, its installed drivers, environment variables, etc) is less likely to have problems/issues/bugs with that Software when it's eventually Released to the public at large. (Thanks to the Beta Tester reporting bugs during the Beta Test period, and the Software Manufacturer fixing them before the Release Date.) At least that was my past experience when I was a Beta Tester on PC products. It's nice that the Beta Tester has a dedicated channel to the Software Manufacturer to get any problems fixed, before that software is Released to the entire world.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.