PC - Request Can we upgrade the textures?

gypsyshred

Apr 12, 2012
They looked bad on a tiny handheld, but this game is running on a 1080p HD TV now. Hard drive space is not a premium on PC. There is zero reason to use low res textures. I should be able to read everything on the table clearly. I want to see the fine print, not a pixelated mess. And what can we do about the table adverts in the extras menu? I can see compressing the image down to save space for tiny phone HDs, but again, the average PC gamer would not mind the extra space taken up, but do notice and do mind the poor texture quality.

Random aside, is it possible to update the old tables to play the live DMD in on the head? Some tables have been fixed, and most are done correctly now, but some (Funhouse) still have an ugly texture instead of a working DMD on the head.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
but some (Funhouse) still have an ugly texture instead of a working DMD on the head.

i think something wrong is with other head.
but maybe FH with working DMD could be fun - you must start kickstarter for this project.
the biggest problem with textures in TPA - many of them are incorrect or misplaced.

Last edited:

dandomcon

Aug 15, 2012
I agree with you! We have this problem also on the IPAD Retina. The graphics and texture quality is
neither HD nor Retina. It is really awful on some tables.

dandomcon - Vienna

INTELi7

May 22, 2013
+1

I would also love higher quality textures released for the tables. Old and new ones. :)
Please make it happen FarSight. That alongside with DX11 lighting will transform
the visuals significantly.

Anyhow, love your game. ;-)

Pinballer

Jun 27, 2012
As an owner of a 3 screen cabinet this is even more apparent when running portrait mode! Put TPA next to Pinball FX2 and they are worlds apart whether you love or hate the game is irrelevant. Even VPinMame a mainly home brew project ran by enthusiasts is in many ways superior. So why when it's nearly 2014 are we running basically a 12yr set of APIs in DX9? My only hope is farsight Bring TPA into line with the new wave of consoles and add DX11 routines along with the aforementioned HD textures.
Check out the lighting in the upcoming Timeshock Pinball Ultra edition which was also kickstarter funded.
I am one of TPAs biggest fans and have bought all the IOS and Xbox versions but only a few PC ones as I am waiting on the cabinet announcement to save buying twice. So come on farsight we know if a PS4 can do it a gaming rig can easily become the flagship model with a little time and effort.

Sashh

Nov 4, 2013
Obviously this is no-brainer. I hope with upgraded HD textures and fixed 10:16 portrait mode will make TPA a perfect pinball experience on PC.

infernogott

Apr 6, 2012
Do you guys think they have HD scans? I really hope they didn't go half-ass with the scanning and have to do it all over again because of that.

Filip

Nov 17, 2013
I really do hope it will be fixed because I have bought PC version, not a console one. It has the graphics of an alpha game, almost an insult for PC customers. I know it is still a beta but come on the graphics need to be at least tip top on PC.

JTenebrous

Nov 6, 2013
I read a response to a Facebook enquiry from Farsight that they intend to upgrade the textures for the PS4 version, but made no mention of upgrading the PC version. Obviously, the PC version has a much greater need for high-res textures than even the PS4 (we are sat right in front of an HD display and the current textures look really bad - no seriously, Farsight, *bad*) and I will be supremely disappointed if they do not soon confirm that the PC textures will be upgraded as well. Please, Farsight, do right by us and give the the PC version of TPA a proper set of HD-textures.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Whatever you are calling the version it is still a non finished product with awful graphics. I call it a beta as for many other reasons.
You can call it a giant bubble-gum wrapper for all it matters. The fact is the PC version was released November 4, so it is not a beta any longer.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.