PC - Request Missing features - PC port

Termbro

Nov 11, 2013
I'd be happy to cross out any from the list (in order of importance):
1. Steam leaderboards (what's the point of cross-over with iOS and Android devices?)
2. Hi-res textures (leaving lo-res in graphic settings for those with weaker machines)
3. New lightning system (from PS4 port)
4. Proper portrait mode with in-game toggle
5. Tournament/Pro mode for more skilled players (with no extra balls, etc.)
6. Proper ROM emulation of Black Knight
7. Access to table ruleset after you start a game (clicking standard/wizard goals doesn't work)

Some of these features make it look like it's a very early beta version, really. I bough season 1, but can't say I'm not waiting for more patches to roll out.

Last edited:

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
It seems like the console and PC versions are behind the iOS and Android platforms in many aspects with regards to the user interface and certain game mechanics.

I'd be happy with another stable build release. Thought we were ready for this the same day the portrait patch came out, but that some last minute updates narrowly missed the show and we would have it last Monday. Here we are, starting a new week and it looks like the few resources available are being utilized to get the PS4 game launched. Guessing we are going to have to wait until that launch gets taking care of before any improvements to the PC version are addressed.

I'm expecting frequent updates, or at least something on the same level as iOS/Android. Anything is better than what was happening with the PS3, and nothing was being updated at all with the Xbox 360.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I can tell you a few of these things are being addressed. The new (PS4) lighting system will make its way to the PC in a few months according to Mike. That should at the same time bring higher res textures, but don't expect it to be across the board. Wanna know how vibration toggle eluded the beta? There was no vibration until AFTER the actual release! Tournament ROM settings are being worked on, but they've been having some issues with certain tables in these settings. Once they have it worked for everything, I'm sure we'll see it. Black Knight, Gorgar, and Firepower have all been emulated, the update hasn't come through yet.

As for updates, Mike has said that it's extremely easy, and we saw just that in the beta. So yes, it will be similar to Android / iOS. PS3 will be getting the 'mega patch' soon. Unfortunately Sony didn't change much in how they handle DLC, so PS4 will update similarly. The difference now going forward is that with the PS4, they can do the play as you download feature. For the PS3, it's going to be a very large download each and every time after the patch goes through...something I think we can deal with for the sake of proper patches.

Termbro

Nov 11, 2013
As for updates, Mike has said that it's extremely easy, and we saw just that in the beta. So yes, it will be similar to Android / iOS. PS3 will be getting the 'mega patch' soon. Unfortunately Sony didn't change much in how they handle DLC, so PS4 will update similarly. The difference now going forward is that with the PS4, they can do the play as you download feature. For the PS3, it's going to be a very large download each and every time after the patch goes through...something I think we can deal with for the sake of proper patches.

I wasn't writing this to spite Farsight. I support them, paid for tables on PS3/Vita, now bought a whole season on PC. And glad I did. I know about digital distribution issues on PSN, really hope they will iron all of this out on PC. Can't wait for the ROM update for the tables you mentioned. That would add a whole lot of value.

I know most of my friends hold off on buying TPA because it doesn't have Steam leaderboards, so if the devs have time and resources for just one feature at the moment - that should be it.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Trading cards :D:D:D seriously is it that important to be at 4th place!

Agree :). Personally I don't think Farsight should waste a second on trading cards - I don't even know what they are (too old) but I instinctively know I will hate it. The only card related thing I have come across in Pinball is the beer mat.

Last edited:

Termbro

Nov 11, 2013
Agree :). Personally I don't think Farsight should waste a second on trading cards - I don't even know what they are (too old) but I instinctively know I will hate it.

It's a feature advertised on the TPA's Steam page and it doesn't work for many people who bought the game. I'd say it should be fixed even if one self-proclaimed old guy doesn't know what steam trading cards are (all due respect).

Last edited:

Joe Blasi

Oct 21, 2013
I'd be happy to cross out any from the list (in order of importance):
1. Steam leaderboards (what's the point of cross-over with iOS and Android devices?)
2. Hi-res textures (leaving lo-res in graphic settings for those with weaker machines)
3. New lightning system (from PS4 port)
4. Basics like volume controls, controller vibration toggle (how did this elude all these months of beta testing?)
5. Proper portrait mode with in-game toggle
6. Analog nudging
7. Tournament/Pro mode for more skilled players (with no extra balls, etc.)
8. Proper ROM emulation of Black Knight
9. Access to table ruleset after you start a game (clicking standard/wizard goals doesn't work)

Some of these features make it look like it's a very early beta version, really. I bough season 1, but can't say I'm not waiting for more patches to roll out.

for 7 they need to have the in rom Tournament setting on that also makes random stuff more fair.

also adult content / speech on by default
be able to add players like how it's down on a real game not this pick number of players in a menu.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
for 7 they need to have the in rom Tournament setting on that also makes random stuff more fair.

also adult content / speech on by default
be able to add players like how it's down on a real game not this pick number of players in a menu.

Also for 7 adjustments such as flipper strength (they are way too strong now) and table slope would be good to capture the real life feel.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I can tell you a few of these things are being addressed. The new (PS4) lighting system will make its way to the PC in a few months according to Mike. That should at the same time bring higher res textures, but don't expect it to be across the board. Wanna know how vibration toggle eluded the beta? There was no vibration until AFTER the actual release! Tournament ROM settings are being worked on, but they've been having some issues with certain tables in these settings. Once they have it worked for everything, I'm sure we'll see it. Black Knight, Gorgar, and Firepower have all been emulated, the update hasn't come through yet.

I'm itching to know why it's taking so long for the PC version to get the PS4 graphical updates. Surely it couldn't be that difficult to port them over/implement them :(

I shouldn't have watched the IGN review of the PS4 version. Just makes me even more anxious!

Miguel Paulo

Nov 18, 2013
I'm itching to know why it's taking so long for the PC version to get the PS4 graphical updates. Surely it couldn't be that difficult to port them over/implement them :(

I shouldn't have watched the IGN review of the PS4 version. Just makes me even more anxious!

and even to improve them ;)

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Also for 7 adjustments such as flipper strength (they are way too strong now) and table slope would be good to capture the real life feel.

I think the flipper strength actually doesn't seem that far off for a brand new table. People are used to tables that aren't perfectly maintained and the flipper coils going/dirty playfield are probably about the most common problems. I haven't managed to find an actual machine to play for years but judging by papa videos with perfectly maintained tables it seems about right.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
i just watched the IGN review im not interested in a PS 4 however i would like to see the lighting menus ported over with options for weaker machines in case your graphics card can't handle it . As it stands right now on a few tables the ball is flying faster then RL (fire power , flight 2000) i would like to be be able to lower the pitch a tad.

Last edited:

Miguel Paulo

Nov 18, 2013
i just watched the IGN review im not interested in a PS 4 however i would like to see the lighting menus ported over with options for weaker machines in case your graphics card can't handle it . As it stands right now on a few tables the ball is flying faster then RL (fire power , flight 2000) i would like to be be able to lower the pitch a tad.
In less than one year, every average PC will do better than a PS4. A high end one currently already does.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I think the flipper strength actually doesn't seem that far off for a brand new table. People are used to tables that aren't perfectly maintained and the flipper coils going/dirty playfield are probably about the most common problems. I haven't managed to find an actual machine to play for years but judging by papa videos with perfectly maintained tables it seems about right.

I was wondering about that myself as a lot of machines I played were old so maybe the flippers were worn out. However I did get to play Avator and Transformers shortly after they were released and still found the same difficulty knocking the ball to back of table, however this was probably due to the slope. Maybe therefore it is just a slope adjustment that is needed as an option.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.