IGN PS4 and PC review of TPA

Dumpstar

Apr 17, 2012
It would be even better if this game appeared in the list of reviewed games for the PS4. A 9 rating would see sales really go up cause there isn't much getting great reviews at the moment.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Anybody else think the graphics look a little fuzzy and lacking contrast? I am watching in 720p but maybe it's just the video?

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Awesome. A gushing review from a very big site. That's great news for Farsight.

9.0 is pretty much higher than any PS4 launch game.

The PS4 version does look very good in person but I hope they fixed the low res textures from the early demo.

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
Vintage tables! Yes I want that too. See, I told you kids, people want the oldies and goodies back!

*ouch think I threw my back out*

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Looks good to me. Funhouse seems to have the spotlight inserts thing going on though, but other than that the tables look nice.

Deltaechoe

Aug 30, 2013
Would like to stop in here and say congratulations to the Far Sight team on the absolutely glowing (no pun intended) review

wolfson

May 24, 2013
bloody great !!!it will look mickey mouse by the time I get my pre ordered ps4 early 2014 big wait. can I say the last 4 gottliebs have been an absolute pleasure playing !!!:cool:

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
basicly what i got out of it was an advertisement to get a PS 4 and showing it on PS 4. He said PC is good but the PS 4 version is better hoping the port some of this over to the PC like those lighting menus.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
The lighting looks really nice, but it still looks like the table art is the same as the PS3 version.

The same goes for the wood floor texture and selection menu.
I was really hoping they would ditch both of those since they look like PS2 graphics.

I do remember Farsight saying they hired someone to specifically work on redoing the PS3 selection menu and this was just a placeholder from the mobile version until the new one was completed. This was over a year ago and now we have the same thing on a next gen console. I still wonder how polished the console and PC versions of TPA would be if there were no mobile versions in which they seem to favor.

Anyway, I'll still buy it since I'm a fan, but I hope they will try to update some of these things and not forget about us.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
basicly what i got out of it was an advertisement to get a PS 4 and showing it on PS 4. He said PC is good but the PS 4 version is better hoping the port some of this over to the PC like those lighting menus.
I don't think he had the DX11 version for the PC, just the DX9 version which is what we have now. The DX11 PC version is supposed to basically be equivalent to the PS4 version, for those with suitable hardware.

Members online

Members online