Dip switches in Pro Mode will not get saved?

kristian

Nov 6, 2013
I just set all my tables (that has the pro mode) to give minimum amounts of ex.balls and changed replay awarding just credit (instead of ex.ball). This was done in the operator's menu (which I'm familiar with).

But when I restart Pinball Arcade, all the settings are gone and back to the super easy defaults (Max. Ex.ball count 4, etc). They didn't get saved anywhere. The high scores won't be cleared from the "RESET H.S.T.D" command, either.

How can I make these changes?

I assume the affecting files are in \Users\Username\My Games\Pinball Arcade

HighScores
Settings.dat
Settings.ini

Don't tell me that you have to go through the adjustment menu each and every time... there must be a way to save these settings for good. Or maybe the problem is at my end.

Last edited:

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
I just set all my tables (that has the pro mode) to give minimum amounts of ex.balls and changed replay awarding just credit (instead of ex.ball). This was done in the operator's menu (which I'm familiar with).

But when I restart Pinball Arcade, all the settings are gone and back to the super easy defaults (Max. Ex.ball count 4, etc). They didn't get saved anywhere. The high scores won't be cleared from the "RESET H.S.T.D" command, either.

How can I make these changes?

I assume the affecting files are in \Users\Username\My Games\Pinball Arcade

HighScores
Settings.dat
Settings.ini

Don't tell me that you have to go through the adjustment menu each and every time... there must be a way to save these settings for good. Or maybe the problem is at my end.

if someone has a workaround for this, please share. adjusting the settings every day is kinda frustrating
:rolleyes:

N

netizen

AFAIK, Mike has acknowledged this as a bug and this should hopefully be fixed in an upcoming version. Pro mode is not supposed to function like that.

N

netizen

Bookkeeping stats are still not being tracked.

Is this the way it's supposed to be? I thought I saw someone say that bookkeeping works on other platforms.

I just played some games of Fish Tales in Pro Mode in Steam, and the Book keeping data was saved. Are you making sure you turn on the operators menu each time you go to a pro mode table, and you want to play it in pro mode?

Gozer

Jun 10, 2013
I just played some games of Fish Tales in Pro Mode in Steam, and the Book keeping data was saved. Are you making sure you turn on the operators menu each time you go to a pro mode table, and you want to play it in pro mode?

Ah. I just tested that out and it does start tracking stats with the operators menu on. I didn't realize you needed to turn on operators menu for the bookkeeping to track stats. I just figured it would do that regardless.

So if I keep the operators menu on with out changing any of the settings the online leaderboards and standard/wizard goals should still work. Correct?

N

netizen

Ah. I just tested that out and it does start tracking stats with the operators menu on. I didn't realize you needed to turn on operators menu for the bookkeeping to track stats. I just figured it would do that regardless.

So if I keep the operators menu on with out changing any of the settings the online leaderboards and standard/wizard goals should still work. Correct?

nope, once you turn the operators menu on, you lose all access to the leaders board and goals

N

netizen

That's unfortunate.

That's the way it has been since pro mode was introduced. AFAIK there is no way for FS to determine what settings you make to the ROM so it's all or nothing as far as leaderboards and goals go.

Gozer

Jun 10, 2013
That's the way it has been since pro mode was introduced. AFAIK there is no way for FS to determine what settings you make to the ROM so it's all or nothing as far as leaderboards and goals go.

The text that pops up when you turn on operators menu makes it seem that you still have access to the leaderboards and goals as long as you don't change any of the default settings.

"Changing any operators menu option from the default settings will not allow you to achieve any goals, high scores, or post to the leaderboards."

N

netizen

Yeah that wording seems pretty confusing. Unless the functionality has changed, which it doesn't seem to have based on my recent games, then simply enabling the operators menu, no matter the menu settings you change or not, will make you ineligible for the leaderboards and disable the goals.

If you're still uncertain I would suggest emailing support for complete clarification, or messaging one of the mods/devs to see if they'll comment on this thread to make it clear.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
The text that pops up when you turn on operators menu makes it seem that you still have access to the leaderboards and goals as long as you don't change any of the default settings.

"Changing any operators menu option from the default settings will not allow you to achieve any goals, high scores, or post to the leaderboards."
i was under the assumption as long as you don't touch nothing in the coin door all was OK. If thats not the case the popup should be rephrased as "turning on operators menu will disqualify you from goals and leaderboards".

kristian

Nov 6, 2013
Seems to be working. Pro mode should be implemented to each and every table though. Getting constant extra balls in Funhouse kills the table for me... it's way too easy.

PS: How can I erase the high score tables? I mean the ones here. What's the file that has to be erased? I'd like to get them cleared so that I can score new high scores with the new harder dip switch settings. I don't care for the online/tournament modes.

dpd208.jpg

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
Seems to be working. Pro mode should be implemented to each and every table though. Getting constant extra balls in Funhouse kills the table for me... it's way too easy.

PS: How can I erase the high score tables? I mean the ones here. What's the file that has to be erased? I'd like to get them cleared so that I can score new high scores with the new harder dip switch settings. I don't care for the online/tournament modes.

dpd208.jpg

i'd like to know that too :rolleyes:

pro versions of tables with access to the op menu can reset them with the reset button once the coin door is open, so there's that :p

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts