When To Nudge Table?

rjspring

May 10, 2012
When is the best time to nudge the table? I've gotten a lot better at keeping the ball from going down the middle at random times, but still have it go down the left and right lanes - better to nudge before the ball looks to be heading that way?

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Learn to recognize which bounces cause drains and nudge the moment such bounces happen. Its all about pattern recognition.

The Doctor

Banned
May 1, 2012
Don't just watch the ball..

BE the ball, and know where it's going...

seriously though it helps to visualize where the ball is going to be based on its current trajectory

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
One basic rule to keep even the need to nudge to a minimum is to keep the ball under control. Keep it off the slings, and any other areas where you have a chance to lose control of the ball (like the idol in Ripley's). Also, some drains are inevitable. In a recent game of Ripley's, the idol "grabbed" my ball, and threw it directly down the outlane - no bouncing off anything, just a straight shot. I don't think there's any nudging that you can do to avoid that (that's why the tutorials at the Pinball Archive tell you to avoid it if possible). Also at PA are the PAPA finalists videos. One thing you'll notice is that even the best players in the world have stupid drains.

Draftcard

May 10, 2012
the sides are probably easier to learn than the middle
for the sidelanes you want to nudge the table up when the ball makes contact to anything over there on the sides.
if you push up when it bounces, the force pushes the ball to a larger bounce than it would make if no nudge happened and most likely get out of there

think hockey.....you dont care where the puck goes as long as its away from the net

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts