Most difficult Wizard Goal - a poll

Which Wizard Goal do you think are the most difficult (3 choices)?

• Genie: 3M goal

Votes: 23 60.5%
  • Pub Champion: Winning Ultimate Challenge

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Medieval Madness: Win Battle for the Kingdom

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Ripleys: Atlantis

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Going Nuts: 360 sec

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Class of 1812: Bat-o-meter special

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Big Shot: 250'000 points

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Central Park: 1000p in one ball

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Dr Dude: Double jackpot

• Cactus Canyon: High Noon

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Thought it would be cool to have a poll of what you consider to be the most difficult wizard goals. The list is set up from my own experience, which is very likely different than yours, but according to this forum should be quite generic I think. I myself have made all but the 3M Genie, Ultimate Challenge on PubChampion and 360 sec on Goin Nuts.

I probably missed out on some you are struggling with, feel free to suggest those in the thread. Not that I can do anything about it but I guess it would be cool to see.

Last edited:

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Yeah, that was on my top-5 as well, also including BFTK on MM. I spent months on getting that, I haven't spent the same amount of time on the three I have left so my vote may a bit off...but MM has the benefit of getting slightly easier the more you play it because you learn all those small things a bit more every time.

Big Shot 250k was a big PITA as well, I was lucky to get it quite early on but I haven't been near since! I put it in the poll actually...

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
All of the above is the answer for me. I am not a wizard. Just a journey-man table player who goes from table to table trying to do my best and always having bang-up time trying.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Not listed, but Pin*Bot Sun Special.

What really bugs me is that I've done it twice and it didn't register either time.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
High Noon isn't difficult, actually. I got it on my second game before understanding any of the rules!

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Neglectoid: Yeah, that should probably have been there as well. I cleared that goal quite a long time ago but now when you mention it, it was really quite difficult!

Inspector42: I know the feeling. I've been up to 336 seconds at most, the trick I found is to try to do something else while playing, like listening to an audio book or something. If I focus to much on the game I stress up and drain. I also try not to look at the clock.

Espy: I think it is one of those WG that just suddenly happens to you but you can aim for it for 100's of times without getting it.

Rudy: That was a bit tricky. In my opinion it was just a matter of consistent shooting and keeping the ball in play. For me the toughest ones are the lethally drainy games with one-ball-to-fix-the-entire-goal like ClassOf1812, the EM-games, DrDude and of course Genie. CactusCanyon and PubChampion are also quite drainy but for the toughest goals you can at least use several balls and they are quite generous with extra balls.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Genie: 3M goal

is the hardest. On the leaderboards there are few players who got it. In October there was nobody who got it. Now with the Steam release there are a handfull and maybe fake.
Atlantis is far away.
The 4-combo of Funhouse seems difficult to me. With some training I could get three. :)

I got the Bat-O-Meter Special early.

Last edited:

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
For me it's any video mode related goal. Never finished spitting gallery or saucers in AFM :( no idea why...

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Ah, the AFM Video mode-goal. That would be absolutely impossible if it wasn't for the Cow-hack. Then it is quite doable.

I'd take the Going Nuts 360-goal over the G3M-goal any day. I can barely make it up to 1M and I have played my fair share of TPA.

Funhouse 4-combo is a challenging goal and one I really liked. It is really pure skill and experience. Have you tried to change skin of the ball so you can see it under the ramp? That makes the fourth shot WAY easier.

There are a few goals, such as the ClassOf1812 Bat-o-meter and some few others that could just be completed by not even trying on a good ball, but also utterly difficult to really just go for. The targets are so difficult to hit and the ball just drains all the time. With a good ball, however, and some multiballs it could rather quickly be completed. Kind of like that Shuttle Launch-goal...

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
On PS3, the Genie goal is by far the hardest. On mobile, however, I think Goin Nuts is harder. I just find it harder to keep balls in play on mobile since you can't nudge slightly. And you need to nudge a lot on that table. Medieval Madness is understandable too, especially on mobile with the troll bomb bug.

I actually thought that Big Shot and Central Park were among the easiest wizard goals in the game on both mobile and PS3. On Big Shot, I thought the one where you have to hit all of the targets on the last ball and collect the bonus was much harder than the 250,000 goal. Cactus Canyon was pretty easy too.

Deltaechoe

Aug 30, 2013
I can't play a marathon game of genie before getting bored very quickly, so I would put that as the hardest goal

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I think the HAREM standard goal in TotAN is one of the hardest goals in TPA even though it's only a standard goal.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
I hear that a lot about the Harem Standard Goal. Although, it is among the harder standard goals I don't find it nearly as bad as everyone says. Especially since Totan is quite a forgiving table and you have a lot of time and opportunity to get it. The 180 sec Going Nuts goal was the worst SG in my opinion.

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
I totally agree about 3M in Genie. I don't know how the heck that'll ever happen. Battle for the Kingdom may happen for me one day, but that seems far off as well. I'm surprised my third vote didn't get more attention, 1000 points in one ball of Central Park. Have to be pretty damn lucky to get that to fall in place.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
I hear that a lot about the Harem Standard Goal. Although, it is among the harder standard goals I don't find it nearly as bad as everyone says. Especially since Totan is quite a forgiving table and you have a lot of time and opportunity to get it. The 180 sec Going Nuts goal was the worst SG in my opinion.

Harem standard goal isn't that bad when you see how the table behaves. If you cradle the ball and just wait, a harem letter becomes available on the left. It's just a matter of trapping up and waiting.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts