Mac Version 2.10.0 Discussion and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Please post your Mac version 2.10.0 feedback here!

If you want to report bugs or other problems with this version, please use THIS THREAD and follow the guidelines in the first post.

Jay

May 19, 2012
Where do I begin? El Dorado looks and runs okay. The game play itself is pretty bland. As for Cue Ball Wizard, one of my favorite Gottlieb tables, it's a mess. On my iMac, there are two cue balls. I assume one was supposed to be a reflection, but they're both blazing white with no texture, looking like 2D paper cutouts that move together. Also, there's supposed to be a post between the flippers (at least in the versions that I've played). The camera angle on the table for some strange reason looks as if my chin is resting on the glass; it's lower than any other table in the TPA collection. I know it's somewhat adjustable, but for the love of God can't there be consistent camera settings across all TPA tables? The music and sound effects seem slightly different from what I remember, but that might just be me. And what the heck is up with the 8 ball mechanism? It's tilted sideways at about a 30 degree angle! I can't understand how this table got pushed out in its current condition.

cue-ball-wizard.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2012
Equally messed up here, on an Early 2008 MacBook Pro with 10.9. Feeling a bit disappointed, because I was really looking forward to Cue Ball Wizard.

Jay

May 19, 2012
Not according to any images on IPDB or anywhere else I have seen.

Interesting.... I wonder if it was an option. There's one I've played several times at an arcade that has the center post. The post is also part of the original MS Pinball Arcade version.

Jay

May 19, 2012
The new TPA update just came out with season three tables. Farsight fixed the crooked 8 ball mechanism on Cue Ball Wizard, but there are still two cue balls on the play field.

Tony C

Feb 20, 2012
The double cue ball aberration was enough to make me leave that pack on the table. First ones I didn't buy for my Mac.

squidlr

Feb 28, 2012
You'd be better of buying from Steam version than from the Mac App store - at least you have the option to game on PC with potentially a directX11 version to come.

The Mac version is continually neglected and seemingly low priority for major updates.

Sucks as a customer if you have already invested heavily in the game and have to buy the Steam tables again.

Tony C

Feb 20, 2012
You'd be better of buying from Steam version than from the Mac App store - at least you have the option to game on PC with potentially a directX11 version to come.

The Mac version is continually neglected and seemingly low priority for major updates.

Sucks as a customer if you have already invested heavily in the game and have to buy the Steam tables again.

You're right, it would suck. I'm not the only one that wouldn't do it, either. I'll pick and chose the tables that are done right in future releases. I'm not buying ANOTHER copy of them, especially on the same platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.