Bug PC Version 1.20.4 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
This thread is for posting bugs for the PC version 1.20.4 ONLY (new bugs as well as lingering issues that haven't been fixed). If you want to post general feedback or comments, then please use THIS THREAD instead. Anything posted here that is not a bug will be moved or deleted.

When posting a bug, please use the following format:

Bug report template
You must be able to reproduce a bug more than once before reporting.
And make sure to reproduce it yourself more than 10 times to accurately calculate the frequency.

Title Bug: Begin the title with one of the following: Crash, Art, Display, Performance, Physics, or General. Then state where the bug occurs, followed by a brief description. Ex: “General – Scared Stiff: Ball goes through Crate at high velocity”
OS Version: Windows 7
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GT 555m
Ram: 8GB
Version #(Bottom right of game screen):
Display Mode: “Windowed/Full Screen”
Display Resolution: “640x480, 800x600, 1024x768”

Frequency of Occurrence: “60% of the time” , “Every ball that enters the crate”

Expected Result: “During 'Crate Multiball' ball enters the crate and is launched back into play from the right”
Actual Result:”Entering the crate at maximum velocity causes the ball to fly through the crate into the deadheads”

Comment: Please be descriptive. Explain the steps taken to produce the bug and explain exactly what happened as a result.

In cases where it crashes before the main menu:
Contents of Log.txt, and possibly the contents of MemLog.txt (only if we request it)
Both of those files will be in the Pinball Arcade installation folder within steam.

\SteamApps\common\PinballArcade Under the steam installation

For most people that is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\PinballArcade

Please also remember to email any bugs you find to support@pinballarcade.com

Thank you!

Last edited:

Deltaechoe

Aug 30, 2013
Title Bug: General - El Dorado City of Gold, Top flippers don't engage properly under all control configurations
OS Version: Windows 7
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce Titan
Version #(Bottom right of game screen): 1.20.4
Display Mode: Windowed Fullscreen/Fullscreen
Display Resolution: 1080p

Frequency of Occurrence: When flippers are set to the right button and left button as opposed to the triggers, possibly other configurations as well

Expected Result: Both sets of flippers engage

Actual Result: Only bottom flippers engage

Comment: I don't like the flippers to be on the triggers of my controller and opt to set them to the buttons instead, when I started to play El Dorado though, only the bottom set of flippers engaged. Tried different window modes and closed some other programs, didn't help. Putting the flippers back on the trigger did make the top flippers engage simultaneously with the bottom flippers like expected.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
^^^

You can use RB/LB for flippers on the Xbox controller if you go into the table settings and set "Upper Flipper Control" to OFF. Now both lower and upper flippers will work with RB/LB.

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
I like to confirm the top El Dorado flippers do not work either with the Xbox 360 buttons (tripper and shoulder).

Nimrod

Oct 29, 2013
kbuNbZG.jpg

Is it me or since 0.20.4 everything seems blurry/fuzzy? I have an NVIDIA card, and every table seems to have gotten a bit blurry since the update.

tpafan

Nov 5, 2013
Is it me or since 0.20.4 everything seems blurry/fuzzy? I have an NVIDIA card, and every table seems to have gotten a bit blurry since the update.

I can confirm the blurriness for all tables in release 0.20.4 (this is with PP on). I have an NVidia card also.

It seems that while this release fixes AA for ATI/AMD, it has created a new issue for NVidia cards? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
Bug Title: Floaty ball on CBW. When game starts and ball is plunged the ball is "floaty" until a multiball can be achieved. Once multiball is activated both ball come up to full speed.

OS Version: Windows 8.1
Graphics Card: Intel HD graphics
Ram: 4GB
Version #(120.4):
Display Mode: “Full Screen”
Display Resolution: “1360x768”
CPU: 2.2 ghz duel core

Frequency of Occurrence: “100% of the time” ,

Expected Result: ball should enter and begin play at normal speed
Actual Result:”ball enters play and is floaty / slow until multiball is acheived”

comment: i have all the Zen tables on steam no issues. It is just a few TPA tables (class of 1812, Cue ball wizard and another i reported last build having this "floaty" issue. Since i see no other reports of this it may be something i need to adjust but i have no idea what .

UPDATE: For CBW i have discovered changing cam view to low cam view fixes the issue and game play is as it should be. Back on class of 1812 changing cam view helped but issue still happens from time to time.

Last edited:

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
had another go on PC version since this new update. Gotta say I love CBW. It plays great with PP on with my laptop (very little slow down compared to PP off). Looks great too even without AA on.

however El Dorado with PP on runs like a dog. Even pulling back the plunger is really slow (which seems odd). The blooming on the bumpers with PP on is also excessive. Granted it's my laptop at fault, but why such a performance difference between the 2 tables?

Might end up buying my first PC table pack at this rate as loving CBW.

Ripley

Aug 28, 2013
I can confirm the blurriness for all tables in release 0.20.4 (this is with PP on). I have an NVidia card also.

It seems that while this release fixes AA for ATI/AMD, it has created a new issue for NVidia cards? :rolleyes:

I confirm this too:(.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
its great to see so many fixes. Black Hole on the Xbox still has the gate problem :) Nice to play on the PC and it works without the gate issue. Steam updates are bliss compared to console approach.

All tables play great with PP on except the older ones. I presume this is due to the extra CPU required for the emulation?

need to try hooking up to TV and using xbox controller for full experience + attempt to rotate to portrait.

R

Rhandos

Title Bug: Flashers on CV are broken
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GT 565m
Version #(Bottom right of game screen): 1.20.4
Display Mode: Full screen
Display Resolution: 1680x1050

Frequency of Occurrence: All the time

Expected Result: The orange/red flashers around the edge of the playfield should contribute to the light show - one prominent example: During ball lock, all flashers fire after each other to a drummroll.

Comment: The are just a dull orange, as if in a state between on and off and never change state. HDR is on, if that's relevant. They have been working during beta, but have been broken since vs 0.015

Last edited:
R

Rhandos

kbuNbZG.jpg

Confirmed. I'm using a GeForce GT 650M and the both the new and some of the old tables looks weirdly pale/blurry/low-res to me. It looks like the HDR effects got turned down (noooo) and something was changed on the resolution.

Lalocage

Nov 2, 2013

Same for me with a GTX 570. It was fine with PP on before the patch, now I cant read anything on the playfields :(

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I'm really not seeing the low-res in that screenshot.

PS. Bug: Post-processing toggle is no longer available in-game. Boo.

Gozer

Jun 10, 2013

LMA

Jun 14, 2013
Before the update I could turn off the nasty antialiasing to get a sharper looking game but now no matter what I do its blurry. I think they blured the whole game just to hide the low rez textures.

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
Before the update I could turn off the nasty antialiasing to get a sharper looking game but now no matter what I do its blurry. I think they blured the whole game just to hide the low rez textures.

Darn, they've caught on!

Just kidding. According to our engine developer, the offset for point sampling was originally set up/calibrated on our machines. Switching to bilinear sampling fixed the issue for people having jagged textures but creates a blur for others. I'll probably just end up adding an option to the config to choose either point or bilinear sampling for post processing.

Here's a nice article that sums the two sampling methods up: http://www.gamedev.net/blog/411/entry-1418201-point-sampling-vs-bilinear-sampling/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online