PC Version 1.20.4 Discussion And Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Please post your PC version 1.20.4 feedback here!

If you want to report bugs or other problems with this version, please use THIS THREAD and follow the guidelines in the first post.

What's New:

- Table Pack 20: Cue Ball Wizard and El Dorado: City of Gold.
- Dual-stage flippers On/Off in table settings. Currently hard-set to a 60% threshold.
- Reverse nudge On/Off in table settings.
- Event cameras On/Off in table settings.
- Added sound volume settings
- Added setting to toggle vibration on the controller

What's Fixed:

- Fixed issue if you bought pro table pack, then bought non pro season you "lost" pro mode on the table pack.
- Fix for portrait cameras cutting off the flippers.
- Fixes for various application focus issues, such as input being processed when dismissing the Steam overlay or when the application doesn't have focus.
- Camera flyby properly restores after exiting table exploration.
- Fix for controllers on high-score initials entry in portrait.
- Fix for analog stick input. Plunger rods shouldn't "pop" and nudging was reverted to the way it is handled on Xbox 360 and PS3.
- AA fixed for AMD cards
- Fixed Twilight Zone flashers
- Fixed analog stick input deadzones.
- Fix for mouse input on sliders.
- Upper flipper threshold changed to 5% from 60%.
- Fixed the habitrail on the UI on various screens in landscape.
- Minor art fixes.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Sorry guys, I messed something up when I tried to merge the two discussion and feedback threads together, so feel free to re-post your feedback.

amxmodx

Nov 7, 2013
Nice! I just bought Season Pack 2 yesterday, and these 2 tables came!

Time to play some cue ball wizard :)

BTW, what is "Focus-Sensitive Input" in Configuration Utility?

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
Very happy with this release. A lot of nice, well rounded improvements and they are clearly listening to the users. They fixed that issue it had on my quad monitor setup getting confused as to which monitor was which. Looks lovely on my 27" 2560x1440 display and still pleasant on my 32" 1360x768 display.

I have no regrets dumping $70 on the game when it came out and I will totally drop another $40 for season three up front in Jan. :)

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Fun house portrait is still zoomed in way too much so it is unplayable.

CBW looks great :)

imagamejunky

Sep 2, 2013
My original post was deleted.

Please fix portrait view on the next update. The table should be centered regardless of flipper location. Having a large gap on one side looks horrible on my cab. If you can, please let us move the entire playfield left or right as we would prefer.
Thanks
Junky

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
My original post was deleted.

Please fix portrait view on the next update. The table should be centered regardless of flipper location. Having a large gap on one side looks horrible on my cab. If you can, please let us move the entire playfield left or right as we would prefer.
Thanks
Junky

The portrait mode cameras are set up for general portrait monitor play and are centered on the flippers. The cameras should be centered on the table's width in the cabinet version.

priested

Nov 7, 2013
Ok. You bring up "cabinet version". Are there any further details on that? If not, please just answer whether or not the tables will have to be purchased separate from the existing version. I went ahead and gambled that they wouldn't be but I know many cabinet folks are holding off until this question is answered.

We probably should have a poll on the portrait playfield centering issue because I doubt many portrait users (whether cabinet or not) want it this way.

Also I the notes above say that flipper issue was fixed which primarily affected Fun House. It wasn't.

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
We're aware of the issue on Fun House and are looking into it. We don't have any further details on the cabinet version at this time.

Vince

Nov 7, 2013
I'm very happy with the nudge and plunger fixes. PP does seem to be causing some issues for some Nvidia users now, but a FS guy has acknowledged this on the Steam forum. I have everything pro now and will also buy the next pack as soon as I see it.

I would comment that I think the FS guys have a bit of a comms issue however: I had not the slightest clue that fixes and new tables were going to drop today. If you had told me on Steam it would have stopped me from *****ing and moaning about the nudge; perhaps you could make a sticky in Steam for this kind of info.

hammr25

Oct 4, 2012
Thanks for letting us kill the music. I've never been a fan of menu music in any game. It's always the first option I find when I buy a new game.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I'm not so certain the "upper flipper threshold" is at 5%. Judging by how far the trigger moves to activate it, it still looks like 60%.

Eegah

May 12, 2013
Haven't had a chance to actually play yet but uh... that bloom...

Like friggin' Castle Bravo on those pop bumpers yeah?

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
I was evaluating whether or not I wanted to use this staged flipper feature on not. As a result, I am now wondering why such a small number as 5% was chosen for this feature. With my XBOX controller on the PC, it's hard for me to limit to such a small push of the triggers. In fact at first I thought the feature wasn't working at all, but finally I was able to run some tests and found that if make a concerted attempt to barely touch the trigger I can get the lower trigger to move without the upper. What do others find when they try say Haunted House?

Suggestion, if possible, implement as in Sean's post in:
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/6509-Staged-flippers?p=115308&viewfull=1#post115308

Where Sean Suggested:

Something like:
- Lower Flippers Pressure: 50% (adjustable between 25% and 75%)
- Upper Flippers Pressure: 75% (adjustable between 40% and 90%)

Last edited:

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
I was evaluating whether or not I wanted to use this staged flipper feature on not. As a result, I am now wondering why such a small number as 5% was chosen for this feature. With my XBOX controller on the PC, it's hard for me to limit to such a small push of the triggers. In fact at first I thought the feature wasn't working at all, but finally I was able to run some tests and found that if make a concerted attempt to barely touch the trigger I can get the lower trigger to move without the upper. What do others find when they try say Haunted House?

Suggestion, if possible, implement as in Sean's post in:
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/6509-Staged-flippers?p=115308&viewfull=1#post115308

Where Sean Suggested:

Something like:
- Lower Flippers Pressure: 50% (adjustable between 25% and 75%)
- Upper Flippers Pressure: 75% (adjustable between 40% and 90%)

Agreed, it's so close currently staging them is nearly impossible. Needs some slight adjustments.

I'd also like to thank the devs for fixing the issue with the pro pack ball packs not showing up. They're all there now and I'm enjoying playing around with more ball skins. Also much love for bringing the event camera toggle over. That's going to help with some view sticking on a few tables tons, making some multiball tactics a ton easier to execute.

Last edited:

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Something to note (and maybe fix?): If you used digital buttons (like LB/RB) for flippers in previous versions, the staging will be defaulted to "on" and any game with an upper flipper will be locked. Just don't forget to switch it off first :)

PS. Can someone check something for me, and verify that there now *isn't* an option to disable post-processing in in-game menus? I cannot find the option anywhere anymore!

Last edited:

Exo

Nov 10, 2013
Nudging and staging flippers works perfectly for me on my 360 controller.
Not sure why people have such a problem with staging. To me it seems like 25% and not 5% for it to trigger.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts