Adjust steepness / pitch?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
There has been talk of playfield pitch options being added in the future, but nothing definite has been confirmed at this time.

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012
Agreed. The ball is way too floaty and cause of that, the Dmd games play like old system 11 or earlier games :(

Are you sure your PC is running TPA at a good frame rate. Maybe try turning off ball reflections and PP and AA then see if the floaty feeling is better. If I turn on PP or put the AA or ball reflections high then the ball seems to float.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
Are you sure your PC is running TPA at a good frame rate. Maybe try turning off ball reflections and PP and AA then see if the floaty feeling is better. If I turn on PP or put the AA or ball reflections high then the ball seems to float.
same here. most tables are fine with these off (pp AA and ball reflection) but even with these off there are a few tables that still have the issue on and off however CBW , STTNG , And CC . it may do it for the first ball then suddenly clear up 2nd ball. I have been trying to debug this but i can't seem to cure it.

markmon

Nov 23, 2013
Ya this has nothing to do with frame rate or lag. This is an issue with lack of gravity and pitch. The ball should accelerate towards the flippers more and instead it sort of floats at a constant velocity. I'm not saying the games are slow or stuttery. But the ball is somewhat floaty and its not pleasant for the modern games. Giving the table some (more) virtual pitch (just like in say pinball fx2, future pinball, or visual pinball allow), would solve it.

N

netizen

They are generally from an era where table pitches were flatter. Modern games are steeper and the ball moves towards the flippers faster.

Yet 2 of the fastest pinball games ever made were Sys 11s

/me scratches head

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
They are generally from an era where table pitches were flatter. Modern games are steeper and the ball moves towards the flippers faster.
Genie and Black Hole were from an era of flatter playfields. But Whirlwind is one of the fastest machines ever made, and Funhouse is not exactly a slouch, either.

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012
Ya this has nothing to do with frame rate or lag. This is an issue with lack of gravity and pitch. The ball should accelerate towards the flippers more and instead it sort of floats at a constant velocity. I'm not saying the games are slow or stuttery. But the ball is somewhat floaty and its not pleasant for the modern games. Giving the table some (more) virtual pitch (just like in say pinball fx2, future pinball, or visual pinball allow), would solve it.

ok, got you.

Tom

Sep 9, 2012
After the latest pc update the ball started moving much slower on my computer but i managed to fix it by changing some settings in nvidias controllpanel. To me the ball seems to move faster the irl on some tables.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
After the latest pc update the ball started moving much slower on my computer but i managed to fix it by changing some settings in nvidias controllpanel. To me the ball seems to move faster the irl on some tables.
i got some of it cleared up (just a few tables) but it would be nice if a pitch setting was provided in settings .

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Surely this is actually a bug if the tables are not behaving realistic?

Well real tables can/are setup vastly differently from place to place in terms of slope - just look at the adjustment possible on the leg levellers, so giving us that flexibility would allow us setup our personal preferences. For me I don't care about leaderboards I just want to play with a feeling I am accustomed too.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts