Bug El Dorado Flippers Not Working

rennervision

Feb 2, 2013
Just tried out El Dorado: City of Gold and it seems to have control mapping issues with an Xbox controller. There is no way to map the 2nd set of flippers. If the first set are mapped to LT & RT, then the 2nd set will work with LT & RT regardless of what buttons are assigned to them. But if the first set is mapped to LB & RB, the upper flippers will not work no matter what buttons are assigned to them.

This will make it an issue for those who prefer using the Xbox controller with the LB & RB as their flipper buttons for all their games.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
There's a new Upper Flipper setting that you need to turn OFF in order to use RB/LB. Go into the table settings and set "Upper Flipper Control" to OFF. Now both lower and upper flippers will work with RB/LB.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Nah, just that you can't have two-stage on LB/RB because they're only binary inputs.

If you use a dualshock they're actually analog and you can two-stage with them in theory. The problem is currently the staging threshold is too low for some reason or the other. Hopefully the threshold becomes adjustable in the future.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
But does a PC recognise by default that they're analog (or at least two-stage) and not digital buttons? I was only referring to LB/RB on the 360 pad.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
But does a PC recognise by default that they're analog (or at least two-stage) and not digital buttons? I was only referring to LB/RB on the 360 pad.

No it doesn't. I swapped triggers and the bumper buttons to get it to work properly in windows control panel.

N

netizen

No it doesn't. I swapped triggers and the bumper buttons to get it to work properly in windows control panel.

You use a PS3 controller and switched the L1/R1 and L2/R2 emulation to get the dual stage flippers working in TPA?

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
You use a PS3 controller and switched the L1/R1 and L2/R2 emulation to get the dual stage flippers working in TPA?

Well they don't work properly because the difference between the first and second stage is on the order of 5%, but in theory if they adjust it higher or give us the tools to adjust the stages ourselves it will work. Currently I can kind of do it but it's so close I'm going to flub it and drop both stages most of the time if I try.

To explain it better I used the Better DS3 program to enable the xinput emulation for the dualshock, and then swapped the trigger and bumper buttons in that program so the windows control panel treats the upper buttons as analog and the triggers as digital, since I use the upper buttons for flippers.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts