Bug BOOM! pop bumper is set to "replay/match" SFX on solenoid up

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I have observed that the BOOM! bumper seems to be allocated a Replay/Match sound effect when it pops up.

Also, I think the Replay/Match SFX is actually a solenoid-up sound. I have a feeling that the sounds have been mapped incorrectly between the two solenoids in-game.

I observed this on 1.0.6 of the Android version.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I have observed that the BOOM! bumper seems to be allocated a Replay/Match sound effect when it pops up.

Also, I think the Replay/Match SFX is actually a solenoid-up sound. I have a feeling that the sounds have been mapped incorrectly between the two solenoids in-game.

I observed this on 1.0.6 of the Android version.

I've noticed this as well...can someone from FarSight please check these two sounds and reassign them to the correct table mechanic.

Unfortunately, this sound issue is present on the Xbox 360 version as well according to the DLC gameplay video.

Last edited:

Punisher

Jan 5, 2013
Now for the 360 version. I always wondered why the knocker thwacked for BOOM, and not for the appropriate times.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
I never noticed this at all.
The knocker sound always sounded more like a "regular" solenoid popping up than an actual knocker. Maybe FarSight just intentionally decided to reuse the sound?

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
I guess the knockers FS are using aren't big enough to slap together as loud as on a real pinball table :D

Punisher

Jan 5, 2013
I never cared for knockers, myself, since I got rather sensitive hearing. I'd play a game, then out of nowhere "THWACK", and I can't hear anything for a few good seconds. Not pleasant at all. But yeah, here's a video that proves the knocker and solenoid are backwards.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.