Here's The Reason Why You Have To Re-Download Tables With Every Update

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
The reason you have to re-download tables you previously bought is because FarSight is continuously fixing bugs and improving the overall quality of each table. For every fix or improvement FarSight makes, you have to re-download the new and improved table to replace the older one you currently have installed.

Before The Pinball Arcade was ever released, everyone was saying that they hope FarSight continuously supports the game by releasing DLC and improving on currently released tables, something that didn't happen with their prior PHOF releases, but now that FarSight is doing what everyone requested, some people are beginning to moan about having to re-download tables that FarSight makes improvements on. I say, be happy FarSight is holding up their end of the deal by keeping all tables up to date and enjoy playing the continuously improving tables.

Personally, I'll re-download a table as many times as it takes to get the table looking and playing as close to the real table as possible. What other developer would be willing to do this?

Thanks FarSight...this is an area where you really shine above the rest.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah, I'm always very happy to see the tables re-download, for this very reason. :)

And I find it kind of silly that people complain about this in the first place. They download very fast for me, and I live out in the middle of nowhere with a fairly lame 3G connection.

Last edited:

IdontHave50cents

Mar 10, 2012
Hear hear!

I figure every time I get to re-DL a table, it will be like I get to have a new experience with a table I may have grown a bit tired of. yay!

Keep em coming FS!

Captain Rumwood

Apr 25, 2012
The reason you have to re-download tables you previously bought is because FarSight is continuously fixing bugs and improving the overall quality of each table. For every fix or improvement FarSight makes, you have to re-download the new and improved table to replace the older one you currently have installed.

Before The Pinball Arcade was ever released, everyone was saying that they hope FarSight continuously supports the game by releasing DLC and improving on currently released tables, something that didn't happen with their prior PHOF releases, but now that FarSight is doing what everyone requested, some people are beginning to moan about having to re-download tables that FarSight makes improvements on. I say, be happy FarSight is holding up their end of the deal by keeping all tables up to date and enjoy playing the continuously improving tables.

Personally, I'll re-download a table as many times as it takes to get the table looking and playing as close to the real table as possible. What other developer would be willing to do this?

Thanks FarSight...this is an area where you really shine above the rest.

I agree. If I have to reload tables to get bugs fixed, I don't mind. I guess complainers will always find something to complain about. It's their loss.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Don't mind at all, even on 3G it's not a huge deal for me, and if I'm tight on data, I can wait till i get home.

I noticed less STDM on MM, maybe the ramps got updated. Though I was hoping that hockey player caliber gap between the flippers would be fixed.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I don't have a problem with this, however, I just wonder what kind of a pain it's gonna be when we get up to 20 to 40 tables. I understand that once they get a table perfect, they won't have to be redownloaded, but c'mon, are any of these tables ever gonna be bug free? Come to think of it, ToM and Ripley's is pretty darn good right now. Too bad they just broke BH.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
And at least they're all under the iOS mobile data cap-so you don't have to wait to get home! :)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah, and it shouldn't be too much longer before they have all the bugs worked out with the older tables. You have to remember it's still very early in the game, so things will get smoother as time goes on and they get into a rhythm.

The Doctor

Banned
May 1, 2012
Will this apply to consoles if/when we ever receive DLC? It'd be more practical to update the base version and sell DLC unlock keys

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
It would be nice to have the option to download the newer version or not so if you don't want to wait for the download and just jump in and play, you can. That way you can download the newer versions at your own pace.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
It would be nice to have the option to download the newer version or not so if you don't want to wait for the download and just jump in and play, you can. That way you can download the newer versions at your own pace.

Yes, a "download now" or "download later" option is something FarSight should consider.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
The problem with that is that when the table needs to be re-downloaded it's because the resources changed. If the executable and resources don't match up, it will cause issues.

For the Xbox 360 how the updates will work is your game will do a title update like any other game patch. This will include fixes for the launch tables. For the DLC, when we do fixes there, you will get a message when choosing to play those tables that an update exists and it needs to be downloaded.

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
The problem with that is that when the table needs to be re-downloaded it's because the resources changed. If the executable and resources don't match up, it will cause issues.

For the Xbox 360 how the updates will work is your game will do a title update like any other game patch. This will include fixes for the launch tables. For the DLC, when we do fixes there, you will get a message when choosing to play those tables that an update exists and it needs to be downloaded.

I see. 10 characters is tough when I've already said what I needed to say.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.