Play TPA in 3D for free

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
It occured to me I'd better make this a seperate thread, for those who aren't interrested in how well TPA works in 3D on equipment they don't own, and/or can't afford.
Got a pair of oldfashioned cheapo cardboard red and blue 3D goggles lying around? Go dig them up, because you're about to play TPA in three friggin dee!

just follow instructions, as I gave them, two posts down, in this thread:

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...Nvidia-3D-Vision-and-with-Oculus-Rift-w-VorpX

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
By the way; there's a good chance you won't even need to download the IZ3D driver, because your graphics card driver already has 3D support that can be set to anaglyph. (For NVidia that would mean picking the "discovery goggles")

Dan Jaquint

Apr 19, 2013
oops, meant to post this here instead of the other...
--
Thanks, I was doing this in Future Pinball with BAM and it looked/worked really great. But I don't use Future Pinball anymore because of PA and missed a cheap way to do 3D...

So, I turned on the NVidia 3D stereoscopy mode - This is good to know but it doesn't seem to work in portrait very well. The menu is "on top" and pops out in 3D but all of the objects on the playfield don't seem in 3D towards you, but instead, the table moves left and right in 3D with you. I'd rather have it the other way around (Z, not X,Y). Is there anyway to adjust this? I haven't tried non portrait yet...

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Your words confuse me. To the left and right??? Has anyone ever seen the tables in TPA move sidewards??? No really... SIDEWARDS??? Is portrait mode available already??? Either way, the 3D will only be inwards. No pop-out.

Last edited:
N

netizen

Is portrait mode available already???

Yeah, it has been available since the last version, or at least a couple weeks.

You have to set your monitor to a portrait resolution in windows, or have a secondary display set to portrait, then use the Pinball arcade config utility in steam to set the resolution, and the display adaptor if necessary.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts