Gamepad

tveith

Dec 9, 2013
Hello all,

I've been trying to use a gamepad / controller with Pinball Arcade and nothing seems to work. I have a Microsoft Sidewinder and I've also tried to use my PS3 controller with MotionInJoy. Windows detects both gamepads no problem but Pinball Arcade refuses to recognize them so I am stuck using the keyboard.

Is there a particular gamepad that Pinball Arcade is compatible with? Why the heck can it not recognize either of my controllers if Windows 8 finds them and calibrates them?

Very frustrated, any help would be appreciated :)

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
try a keybkard to controller mapper for either of your controllers. afaik oc. ersion onky officqlly supports xbox360 controls

N

netizen

Folllow the motion to joy instructions.

Make sure you assign the emulation to the controller as if it were an Xbox 360 controller.

Once you have your MotionToJoy drivers installed you should take a look at better DS3, I find it offers vastly superior mapping controls.

tveith

Dec 9, 2013
try a keybkard to controller mapper for either of your controllers. afaik oc. ersion onky officqlly supports xbox360 controls

I don't understand a thing you wrote LOL ... OK, I should use a keyboard mapper -- which one would you recommend? Has anybody else had luck with gamepads or using a keyboard mapper?

Deltaechoe

Aug 30, 2013
TPA takes xInput which is what the xbox 360 controller uses, like netizen said you have to set it up to emulate an xbox 360 controller.

Gardhul

Aug 5, 2013
It could be a bit tricky to configure it, but I suggest "XBOX 360 emulator" too: https://code.google.com/p/x360ce/
It allows to map your controller digital/analog buttons/axis to a simulated xbox 360 controller, which will be detected from PA. I've also managed to map uHID-G motion sensors to the PA analogic nudge and it works great!

Last edited:

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Throwing a recommendation to BetterDS3 if you're using a ps3 controller. It's really very configurable and I've been happy with it. Motioninjoy is harder to use and has stupid ads popping up everywhere.

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012
The easy but more expensive way would be to just buy a wired xbox 360 controller. Just plug it in to a usb slot on your PC and away you go(windows 8).

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Can confirm plays great with a Dual Shock 4 on PC, but you do have to use a program which tricks your computer into thinking it's a 360 controller in order to get the controller to work though.
(See http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4-To-XInput-Wrapper for more info)
It's actually really easy to install and use, and more straight forward then the MotionInJoy program which has always been a bit of a hassle for me personally

dwarvenpanzer9

Feb 20, 2014
The easy but more expensive way would be to just buy a wired xbox 360 controller. Just plug it in to a usb slot on your PC and away you go(windows 8).
Question: Using Windows 7, would a 360 controller still work? I have a PS3 controller I just bought, but it's doing me no good, and I can trade it in for a 360 version for little to no extra cost if that will solve the issue :)

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
So between the wired 360 controller, F710 and DS3/4, which one has the best vibration support? How about the XBone controller?

p6800

May 17, 2013
The best gamepad is the wireless 360 one, with the receiver. It costs next to nothing and gives the "no wires" freedom.
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/microsoft-xbox-360-wireless-receiver-for-windows

It's great for tpa. Vibrations, nudge with the left or right stick, it's perfect.

The xbox one controller doesn't work on pc, but a reciever just like the one for the 360 will get released this year. Can't wait for it!

Last edited:
N

netizen

So between the wired 360 controller, F710 and DS3/4, which one has the best vibration support? How about the XBone controller?

If you already have a DS3 controller you don't need to get an Xbox 360 controller :/

The DS3 controller works just fine, you merely need to get an xinput emulator like motion to joy, or better ds3.

RobALiquorStore

Feb 9, 2013
Has anyone been able to get X360CE to work with Pinball Arcade? I've tried it out with both a Steel Series wired controller and a Dual Shock 2 with USB adapter, and I was not able to get either one working in PA. If anyone has any clues for getting this combination to work I would appreciate it.

The Monsieur

Mar 29, 2014
I use a ps2 pad via converter and xpadder which works flawlessly I have also used a 360 and ps3 pad in the same fashion no problems. Xpadder solves all basically.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I've just started using an X360 wireless controller, and had a few sticky issues setting it up, but that was more the controller than TPA. I'm also getting CTDs which I never got before. So far it's happened in HS and AFM. They're pseudo-CTDs, in that the game is still running, but I can't bring it back to the foreground.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts