Farsight not charging extra for cabinet version

N

netizen

It's basically just a camera angle right? And a second one got the back glass?

and dmd support, plus mechanical plunger, and maybe a shaker, maybe ledwiz It all depends on what was in the cabinet they ordered to develop on I guess

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
and dmd support, plus mechanical plunger, and maybe a shaker, maybe ledwiz It all depends on what was in the cabinet they ordered to develop on I guess

Oh that's awesome. Always kind of wanted a set up like that but really never checked into all of what they did m

RetroDude

Mar 24, 2012
"And what happened then? Well, in Whoville they say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day."

//The Grinch would be one heck of a theme for a pinball machine!
/// It couldn't be any worse than what Jim Carey did to the character in his movie.

Arcadegek

Dec 9, 2013
This is really great news! And this will be the moment I will buy the PC versions as well! Season 1,2 and 3! Any release date known?

SpiffyRob

May 5, 2012
If you don't mind sacrificing a few of the fancier features, building a mini cabinet can be pretty seriously cheap.

Get yourself a 22" 16:9 monitor for the playfield and a 17" 4:3 monitor for the backglass. Build a wooden box. Buy an iPac and however many buttons you want. Drill holes. Wire it together. Put brackets in the box to hold the playfield. Rest the backglass on top. Hook the monitors and iPac to a computer. Done.

2013-07-06%2017.23.16.jpg

If you want to keep going, you can paint it, add glass, add trim, build a backbox, add shaker, add LEDs, add analog nudge support, add a real plunger, add a real DMD (or get a third monitor or it)... the list goes on. This will help with the immersion but not your ability to play (with the exception of analog nudge and, I suppose, a real plunger.)

Roo

Jul 5, 2013
Great news. I bought season one because I couldn't resist, but now I'll gladly buy season 2 and 3 PRO with no hesitation.

I wouldn't have minded if cabinet mode was a paid upgrade to the base game, I just didn't want it to be a separate application entirely where I'd have to re-buy all 3 seasons.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Great news. As Roo said a paid add-on would have been/will be fine for most of us, it was a separate version requiring tables to be re-bought that was the worry.

Rooter

Apr 23, 2012
Yea as seeing the past releases and no updates I will need to see this to believe it.. I really hope to play this on my cab.

Play it on your cabinet now. Tales of the Arabian Nights had lots of problems for me, but all the other tables that I have tried play great. Of course you won't get DMD or multiscreen support, but from purely a play standpoint, Pinball Arcade is far superior to VP, FP, and Zen.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.