PS4 System Update 1.52

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
PS4 system update 1.52 has hit the US consoles today. Not sure what it updates. It just said that it will improve system stability. Install took less than a minute for me.

Last edited:

Dumpstar

Apr 17, 2012
I have only had a game crash once so not sure what issues they have with system stability. THough when I got my console, and was applying the new firmware, power was lost to the console, and it wouldn't turn back on. I rang the store and they had no replacement consoles. I left it for 30mins, and was ringing sony when the console decided to turn back on and it's all been good since.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I have only had a game crash once so not sure what issues they have with system stability. THough when I got my console, and was applying the new firmware, power was lost to the console, and it wouldn't turn back on. I rang the store and they had no replacement consoles. I left it for 30mins, and was ringing sony when the console decided to turn back on and it's all been good since.

I don't think I've had any games crash. I've had games become unresponsive about a half dozen times but I was able to just quit the game using the PS button. I'm sure there are people using more features than I that have had more problems.

Deltaechoe

Aug 30, 2013
When a software update for a console comes out and it says system stability in the list of fixes, this usually means it's a bugfix patch and often it's a bug that you may not have seen before. Many of the bugs that you would see during normal operation of the console have been fixed before consumer release so these bugs are frequently "edge case" bugs that don't happen often and tend to be difficult to recreate.

Another thing they use the "system stability" label for is patching system exploits to keep people from running unlicensed third party software on the console.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012

Really? I have had a multitude of crashes. According to the error log in the settings menu mine has crashed 86 times to the blue error screen of doom.
Most of those were caused by Battlefield, but I have also had Netflix, Res0gun, Blackilight, AC4 and KZ all crash on me. That isn't even counting all the times games have frozen or crashed to the dash without going to the CE error screen of death.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
Really? I have had a multitude of crashes. According to the error log in the settings menu mine has crashed 86 times to the blue error screen of doom.
Most of those were caused by Battlefield, but I have also had Netflix, Res0gun, Blackilight, AC4 and KZ all crash on me. That isn't even counting all the times games have frozen or crashed to the dash without going to the CE error screen of death.

Strange, I have played over 24 hours of AC4 and its never crashed once and I have gone to the home screen, Netflix, VidZone, video sharing, without ever quitting the game. Its always worked just fine when I switched back.

The only thing that ever crashed for me was Netflix and I caused that crash by changing the audio setting with the app still running. It was bitstreaming Dolby when I switched back to PCM which they obviously never expected you to do. Its still a bug, but not one you would normally encounter.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.