How to skip anoying steam window before TPA launch?

dada8787

Nov 11, 2013
Every time I click on TPA icon on my desktop I get tis Steam window asking me if I want to play TPA or launch configuration utility.
Is there any way I can go directly into the game skipping this annoying window that appearsevery time?
thanx

dada8787

Nov 11, 2013
Hi Stuart!

What library tou are talking about? Steam ?

I have built my cab and set up TPA to launch automatically when windows start.
But when that happens I get first that annoying pop up configuration window and to pass that I need to connect my keyboard to cab just to press "ENTER".
I want to go directly into the game after launching windows but that pop up configuration utility is preventing me to do that.

thanx

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
If Steam is running, you can launch the game directly from

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\PinballArcade\PinballArcade.exe" (your installation directory may differ)

dada8787

Nov 11, 2013
Thanx for your reply.

Unfortunately it works only if steam is already running.
If I select steam to start when windows start,and also put TPA in my startup folder (which means TPA will start when windows start) I get pop up message "steam engine instance already exist" and game wont launch automatically.
So there is no way to go directly to the game like I do with any other games. (when I am in the game I can use my gamepad buttons,no need to use PC keyboard at all)
There should be way to disable that pop up configuration window because nobody needs to go to config utility EVERY TIME before starting the game.
Very annoying.

thanx

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Thanks Stuart. I found it and checked it but steam still started normally. I'll try it in landscape to see if that's the reason

dada8787

Nov 11, 2013
I tried that and steam cant find my controller connected. But TPA does not have any problem with that. oh well......

smb1968

Dec 7, 2013
Open up your steam account, click "steam" in the upper left-hand corner and a drop down menu will appear, select start in off-line mode, then follow steps. This will eliminate the steam log-in/configuration utility bs. It will mean, however, that any local scores won't get added to the global leaderboard (to me, a small price to pay).

Scott

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts