Fan T-Shirt Mockup

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
Here's an example of something I'd like to see FarSight. Cafepress seems like a logical choice because they take care of all labor and shipping etc. I'm a huge fan and would like to show my support publicly, even if it means I just buy my own design. =)

Front
2eykJ.jpg

Back
jJYxV.jpg

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
Brilliant idea..... Loads of retro arcade clobber available... Mugs, coasters etc....

Farsight, what are the chances of a George Lucas? Get that merchandise going....

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
This is from the questions at the bottom of their kickstarter page;

"We'd like to see more shirts, engraved pinballs, signed backglasses, etc. offered as rewards!"

We've tried to stay away from promising physical goods as rewards to backers. The problem is that we're a videogame developer, not a retailer- we're just not currently set up to stock, pack and ship thousands of shirts, engraved balls, etc. out to supporters. In addition that would take personnel away from creating new pinball tables for you (and we know how upset our users get when the new tables are delayed!) If this campaign succeeds and we do others in the future we'll try to have a solution in place that lets us offer more physical goods as rewards.

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
This is from the questions at the bottom of their kickstarter page;

"We'd like to see more shirts, engraved pinballs, signed backglasses, etc. offered as rewards!"

We've tried to stay away from promising physical goods as rewards to backers. The problem is that we're a videogame developer, not a retailer- we're just not currently set up to stock, pack and ship thousands of shirts, engraved balls, etc. out to supporters. In addition that would take personnel away from creating new pinball tables for you (and we know how upset our users get when the new tables are delayed!) If this campaign succeeds and we do others in the future we'll try to have a solution in place that lets us offer more physical goods as rewards.

Having it as a backer reward is one thing. But at the moment I'm just interesting in straight out buying FarSight merch/schwag. I recommended CafePress because I already knew FarSight isn't interested in "stocking, packing and shipping". All they have to do is take a few moments to design it, and the 3rd party will do all the rest. It took me about five minutes to create that mockup shirt. It's free advertising for these guys more than anything. But maybe they'd rather just see people donate more for the Kickstarter, I could understand that.

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
One potential problem I see right away with this is getting the license for the Twilight Zone images for a tee shirt. A license to make a video game based on the pinball table does not give them the right to use the images for a shirt unless they also paid for licenses for related merchandizing, which is not likely since they've already said that they are not a retailer.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
One potential problem I see right away with this is getting the license for the Twilight Zone images for a tee shirt. A license to make a video game based on the pinball table does not give them the right to use the images for a shirt unless they also paid for licenses for related merchandizing, which is not likely since they've already said that they are not a retailer.

Yeah, that is probably a valid point.

However, I'm sure a generic "Pinball Arcade" shirt featuring the Pinball Arcade logo on the front, and an appropriately niche slogan on the back, would be a great way of letting us fans spread the good word about the game at BBQs and (in my case) workplaces.

How about these for slogan suggestions:

"Tilting your reality" (meaning TPA simulations are *that* good, that reality in the space of pinball machine play is blurred)

"Grand Champion, or it didn't happen" (different take on the saying "Pics, or it didn't happen")

"I <3 Extra Balls"

(as you can probably tell) I came up with these in about 5 minutes. :p

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012

However, I'm sure a generic "Pinball Arcade" shirt featuring the Pinball Arcade logo on the front, and an appropriately niche slogan on the back, would be a great way of letting us fans spread the good word about the game at BBQs and (in my case) workplaces.

"Tilting your reality" (meaning TPA simulations are *that* good, that reality in the space of pinball machine play is blurred)

"Grand Champion, or it didn't happen" (different take on the saying "Pics, or it didn't happen")

"I <3 Extra Balls"

You may have come up with them in 5 minutes, but I like 'em all. I want one of each. Here, take my money.

amv71

Feb 29, 2012
I like small logos on t-shirts. That's a great little design you mocked up! Ah, if I was still in my youth I'd have one of those...

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012

"I <3 Extra Balls"

Those are great. I especially like the Extra Balls.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
If Farsight is not interested in producing t-shirts, I wonder if they would give their blessing to Frostyglitch or some other forum member to use the Pinball Arcade logo with a fan-contributed slogan, to spread the word.

If anyone from Farsight is monitoring this thread, is this something that you'd allow?

I know logo's are prime copyright material, so if we were going to do this, we'd want Farsight's total blessing before we provided artwork to Cafe Press for shirts, and perhaps coffee mugs? Cafe Press can do a lot of branded products. And if Farsight wanted some tradeshow swag, they could just get Cafe Press to take care of it all.

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
I created this post as a means of trying to support FarSight and TPA. But apparently that's off topic? And it gets thrown into "I don't want people to see this" category? This was most certainly a request, albeit not a table request but still.

Last edited:

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
I wear black Hoodies most of the time. I would like to have one with a huge TPA Logo on the front.

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
It woul be nice if FS gave us permission to use there logo or give us some designs to download so we could make our own gear as long as we dont sell it, besides in order to make money from clothing merch. you have to buy large quantities to cut price. I just want TPA logo on a mesh cap or stickers wich Id give away and thats FREE advertisement :)

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
I'm really glad to see the new store up, thanks for taking my advice! (3 years later)..although this thread was forced into the wrong category for some reason so maybe it never got seen by Farsight. Anyhow, I'll be buying a couple of hoodies soon! Maybe consider my original mockup future Farsight? (obviously without the expensive licensing required for the back which had twilight zone in it) =)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.