Bug PC Version 1.21.3 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
This thread is for posting bugs for the PC version 1.21.3 ONLY (new bugs as well as lingering issues that haven't been fixed). If you want to post general feedback or comments, then please use THIS THREAD instead. Anything posted here that is not a bug will be moved or deleted.

When posting a bug, please use the following format:

Bug report template
You must be able to reproduce a bug more than once before reporting.
And make sure to reproduce it yourself more than 10 times to accurately calculate the frequency.

Title Bug: Begin the title with one of the following: Crash, Art, Display, Performance, Physics, or General. Then state where the bug occurs, followed by a brief description. Ex: “General – Scared Stiff: Ball goes through Crate at high velocity”
OS Version: Windows 7
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GT 555m
Ram: 8GB
Version #(Bottom right of game screen):
Display Mode: “Windowed/Full Screen”
Display Resolution: “640x480, 800x600, 1024x768”

Frequency of Occurrence: “60% of the time” , “Every ball that enters the crate”

Expected Result: “During 'Crate Multiball' ball enters the crate and is launched back into play from the right”
Actual Result:”Entering the crate at maximum velocity causes the ball to fly through the crate into the deadheads”

Comment: Please be descriptive. Explain the steps taken to produce the bug and explain exactly what happened as a result.

In cases where it crashes before the main menu:
Contents of Log.txt, and possibly the contents of MemLog.txt (only if we request it)
Both of those files will be in the Pinball Arcade installation folder within steam.

\SteamApps\common\PinballArcade Under the steam installation

For most people that is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\PinballArcade

Please also remember to email any bugs you find to support@pinballarcade.com

Thank you!

Last edited:

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Title Bug: General - Fish Tales: High score initials entry doesn't always take
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce 780
Ram: 16GB
Version 1.21.3
Display Mode: Full
Display Resolution: 1920x1200

Frequency of Occurrence: 70% of the time

Expected Result: When entering high score initials the initials UI overlay for entering the high score should display as well
Actual Result: When High Score appears the UI overlay does not always appear right away. You just see the DMD initial entry without the Farsight UI initial entry window that displays in the center of the screen. You can enter in your high score with just the DMD window displaying. However when you finish entering the high score it doesn't save and prompts you to enter the high score again. I've had a few different scenarios of high score entry:

1) Started to enter high score initials and when I got to the third letter entry the High Score initial UI appeared on screen. It took me back to the second high score initial letter entry leaving the first initial entry blank. it saved fine, albeit without the 1st initial entry
2) Asked to enter initials once without the UI. Completed entering initials without the Farsight UI appearing on screen. Entered initials second time with same results. When prompted to enter in third time Farsight UI appeared and it took the initials entry
3) When asked to enter initials waited 3-4 seconds and Farsight UI appeared on screen. Entered initials and they took fine.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
BUG: on Fish Tales rubbers on flippers make ball bounce out too strong - you can not catch ball for Fast Cast skillshot from plunger because of it (see video on papa.org for example). and ball go to left outlane instead of catch because of that too.
actually i made Fast Cast skillshot only as a fast random left flipper button mashing.

Last edited:

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
CRITICAL BUG: Caster Club's drop target must be up at the begining of the game - see video at papa.org
in TPA this Drop target is at "down" state until 2nd multiball will over.
ok in TPA's instructions said what drop targer raises after jacpot is scored, so clearefy is this difference with papa's table because of rom settings? - i tryed to read manual and some rules, but did not find anything about it yet.

Last edited:

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
BUG: not sure as it is on real tables, but in TPA on Fish Tales timers dont stop if ball drains and you wait until time out before launch next ball..

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Bug: Theatre of Magic: Ball size change/Flicker only in bottom centre of table where 8 rectangles are (eg: Spirit cards, Hat Magic)
OS Version: Windows XP 32-bit
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 480 1.5 GB
Ram: 3.5GB
Version 1.21.3 (was in earlier versions)
Display Mode: Full
Display Resolution: 1080 x 1920 portrait and 1920 x 1080 desktop. 2 PCs

Frequency of Occurrence: 100% of the time after trying for a minute

Expected Result: when ball moving slow over 8 inset lit rectangles in centre of table (eg: spirit cards and hat magic) it seems to shrink/expand/flicker repeatedly. Try for a minute or so gently flipping the ball over the rectangular inserts. Doesn't happen on other tables. Happens on 2 PCs.

Actual Result:
Ball should not flicker.

Brian Reynolds

Nov 6, 2013
Title Bug: Pressing the right analog stick down on the xbox360 controller produces results as though all four X, Y, B, and A buttons were depressed simultaneously.
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 580
Ram: 24GB
Version #1.21.3
Display Mode: Full Screen
Display Resolution: 1920x1200

Frequency of Occurrence: 100% of the time

Expected Result: Nothing
Actual Result: Depressing the right analog stick has the same effect as simultaneously pressing all four A, B, X, and Y buttons.

Comment: This bug is *STILL* happening as it has been since day one and it's very irritating in the way it interferes with the gameplay. My preferred controller configuration has the plunger operated by the LEFT analog stick while nudging the table is operated by the RIGHT analog stick, and so ALL THE TIME I'm getting problems when nudging the table and I accidentally apply pressure to the stick which instantly changes the CAMERA ANGLE, the CAMERA LOCK, and the DOT MATRIX DISPLAY. If the ball is waiting to be launched by the plunger I can do that as well by pressing the right analog stick down. There's just no reason this should be happening at all because nowhere in the button configuration screen is there an option to designate what the right analog stick depression can even be assigned to, so the quick solution is to just disable that action altogether.

PLEASE, somebody tell me that I'm not alone in observing this happen! I can play the game largely without problems but every time the camera angle gets changed it's right at the moment when I'm trying to impart some manual control of the ball and it makes me want to tear my hair out.

Larry

Jul 4, 2013
BUG: not sure as it is on real tables, but in TPA on Fish Tales timers dont stop if ball drains and you wait until time out before launch next ball..

I noticed this then noticed that the sound/music seems to register the change immediately, but the DMD does not.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
since the new version with the new configuration utility. I've now got jaggies everywhere. The tables looked brilliant before, now my android tablet looks better :( :(

My laptop has 2 graphics cards in it. Intel HD4000 and Nvidia Quadro K1000M. The TPA configuration utility will only show the HD4000 one. I've set the Nvidia utility to always use Nvidia and assigned the steam executable with it but still don't get the option in TPA to select Nvidia card.

Any ideas what is going on? Why have the jaggies returned :(

5QuVA.jpg

dell precision M4700. Nvidia Optimus configuration with 2 GPX cards.

Last edited:

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
Title Bug: CBW pro menu issue can't change settings on setting that _should_ be changeable such as number of balls per game.
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Graphics Card: Intel HD graphics
Ram: 4GB
Version #1.21.3(Bottom right of game screen):
Display Mode: “Windowed Full Screen”
Display Resolution: “1366x768”

Frequency of Occurrence: “100% of the time” ,
Expected Result: when in the operator coin box menu and trying to change from 3 to 5 balls ball number setting should go to 5.
Actual Result: Ball setting can not be changed and is locked to 3.

Comment: Certain items can NOT be changed in the operators menu that are very basic and should be able to be changed. An example is number of balls per game. It remains locked at 3 balls per game. There were also other settings that were locked but the number of balls i found most bothersome. The reason for this is a look at the instruction card on the left apron says 5 balls per play. (i understand a good game will give me at two extra balls making it a 5 ball game anyhow but that besides the point).

N

netizen

since the new version with the new configuration utility. I've now got jaggies everywhere. The tables looked brilliant before, now my android tablet looks better :( :(

My laptop has 2 graphics cards in it. Intel HD4000 and Nvidia Quadro K1000M. The TPA configuration utility will only show the HD4000 one. I've set the Nvidia utility to always use Nvidia and assigned the steam executable with it but still don't get the option in TPA to select Nvidia card.

To have the Quadro recognized as the primary adapter you have to disable the Intel one in the BIOS most likely.
Also, have you tried the new Texture filtering options under the graphics tab to improve "the jaggies"

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
To have the Quadro recognized as the primary adapter you have to disable the Intel one in the BIOS most likely.
Also, have you tried the new Texture filtering options under the graphics tab to improve "the jaggies"

thanks Neti. It worked fine before which makes me curious what was changed. I really don't want to disable the Intel chipset as that gives me much better battery life and quieter operation.

bingo - that was it. Didn't notice that setting or know it was new. That has sorted out the problem. Seems sharper than before without the blurry/blooming. Personally I preferred the blooming :)

N

netizen

thanks Neti. It worked fine before which makes me curious what was changed. I really don't want to disable the Intel chipset as that gives me much better battery life and quieter operation.

From what I quickly read about that particular dual GPU set up is if you want to use and either/or functionality for the intel or quadro GPU selection the best way it to have a secondary display hooked up.

If I am understanding this correctly, you have a good laptop to set up a 2nd monitor rotated for portrait view and use the Quadro as the dedicated GPU for that external display strictly for when you game

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013

5QuVA.jpg

This one doesn't sound easy to crack. The config enumerates all adapters with connections and then grabs all available resolutions for them.

From what I quickly read about that particular dual GPU set up is if you want to use and either/or functionality for the intel or quadro GPU selection the best way it to have a secondary display hooked up.

If I am understanding this correctly, you have a good laptop to set up a 2nd monitor rotated for portrait view and use the Quadro as the dedicated GPU for that external display strictly for when you game
This might be the easiest workaround. :/

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
yes thanks guys. Chances of TPA supporting Optimus correctly is unlikely. Above 2 suggestions look to be my only options. Will give them a go and report back.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
CRITICAL BUG: Caster Club's drop target must be up at the begining of the game - see video at papa.org
in TPA this Drop target is at "down" state until 2nd multiball will over.

NOT A BUG!

PAPA configures their games to extra hard. On factory settings that drop target stays down until you get a couple multiballs. The TPA version is hard enough already.

jigawatts

Jul 29, 2013
I have an Nvidia GTX 660 and antialiasing is broken again if you turn on post-processing. Post-processing off and antialiasing works perfectly. Turn post-processing on and everything is a jagged mess. It was working fine before this last update.

N

netizen

I have an Nvidia GTX 660 and antialiasing is broken again if you turn on post-processing. Post-processing off and antialiasing works perfectly. Turn post-processing on and everything is a jagged mess. It was working fine before this last update.

have you used the texture filter option on the graphics tab on the config utility yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.