PC Version 1.21.3 Discussion and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Please post your PC version 1.21.3 feedback here!

If you want to report bugs or other problems with this version, please use THIS THREAD and follow the guidelines in the first post.

PC 1.21.2 Updates:
- New DLC: Fish Tales.
- New DLC: Fish Tales Pro Menus.
- New DLC: Fish Tales + Pro Menus Pack.
- New DLC: Season 3 Pack.
- New DLC: Season 3 Pro Pack.
- New DLC: Season 2 Ball Pack.
- Free Table of the Month: Whirlwind.
- "Leaderboards" removed from the main menu to make room for "Season Three".
- "What's New" text is displayed on the first run on a new major release.
- Config utility had a small makeover.
- Updated Config utility to include a texture filtering option.

Bug Fixes:
- Multimon fix (PBAConfig update).
- Dual Flipper when mapped to button fixed.
- Dual Flipper threshhold changed from 5% to 10% (toggle the option on and off to get the change).
- Windows Key & Accessibility Shortcuts are disabled.
- Added a 12% deadzone to triggers.
- Fixed HUD scale on portrait on Big Shot and Central Park.
- Fixed crash when entering Goin' Nuts' pro menu.
- Added "Manual" button to the Pro Help menu on landscape.
- Fixed Pro mode not saving settings.
- nVidia AA fixed
- Fixed issue with pinball wizard controller causing wierd menu issues.
- Fixed high score screen in portrait.
- Fixed Fun House cameras on portrait.
- Adjusted portrait HUD on: Centaur, Class of 1812, Dr. Dude, El Dorado, Elvira and the Party Monsters, Flight 2000, Haunted House, Pin*Bot, Space Shuttle, Victory, and Whirlwind.
- Fixed Harley not always working with multiplayer
- Game pauses if a controller connection is lost during gameplay.
- Removed the “Back” button from the High Scores screen at the end of a game.
- Fixed DMD scaling in landscape and portrait.

PC 1.21.3 Bug Fix:
- Fixed Table of the Month reaching the score limit.

Last edited:

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
I have the new 16x anisotropic texture filtering enabled. Seems like this type of filtering is perfect for a pinball table. While I have a GTX770 and don't expect this game to push my system that much, the game does seem to run better and look nicer with this latest update.

Qik

Aug 4, 2013
Yeah the friend leaderboard was the first thing I was looking for. I hope it's added soon.

Spitfire

Apr 6, 2013
Hi can anyone tell me what settings would be best to use to get back to the crystal clear table view that I had before the 1.20.4 update. Should I set everything to the highest option. Is there anywhere that explains what the options in the config utility all do? Thx

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
What has happened to Post Processing? The nice glow coming from table objects has disappeared for me, or it has been toned down a lot. Have any other nVidia users noticed this?

I have tried switching it on/off and with/without the new filtering setting but the only difference I notice is the ball. I have a Core i7 with nVidia GTX 480, running under XP. I admit the bluriness has gone.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
What has happened to Post Processing? The nice glow coming from table objects has disappeared for me, or it has been toned down a lot. Have any other nVidia users noticed this?

I have tried switching it on/off and with/without the new filtering setting but the only difference I notice is the ball. I have a Core i7 with nVidia GTX 480, running under XP. I admit the bluriness has gone.

SB, was coming to post that very thing..

PP now looks a lot better for me, it seems to have been toned down a lot! No more overblown bloom and the ball reflection still works a treat (previously, I would lose this when switching off Post Processing).

Overall, the look is much cleaner and crisper. Liking it much better now :)

Not mentioned in the change log though, so what's doing chaps?

Looking forward to Whodunnit, Junk Yard and BK2000 too! ;)

Off to check the FH portrait cams :)

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
I'd just like to note that flipper staging works really well now. It's still a bit squirrely but consistently doable with a bit of practice, so thank you for that. I just hope we can get friends leaderboards in and things will be pretty much all good.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
SB, was coming to post that very thing..

PP now looks a lot better for me, it seems to have been toned down a lot! No more overblown bloom and the ball reflection still works a treat (previously, I would lose this when switching off Post Processing).

Overall, the look is much cleaner and crisper. Liking it much better now :)

Not mentioned in the change log though, so what's doing chaps?

Looking forward to Whodunnit, Junk Yard and BK2000 too! ;)

Off to check the FH portrait cams :)

I was testing in the cabinet before and I really would like to see more glow. I think thew old setting was a bit high but this is not enough. Same on a desktop I also just tested on. Could it be a setting maybe?
The FH portrait looks look :)

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
I was testing in the cabinet before and I really would like to see more glow. I think thew old setting was a bit high but this is not enough. Same on a desktop I also just tested on. Could it be a setting maybe?
The FH portrait looks look :)

I honestly think everything looks a lot better now, SB. I'm like a kid in a sweet shop again, so that's got to be a good sign! :)

Also, I'm finding that I can actually now play CC without my eyes bleeding.

Roo

Jul 5, 2013
Just wanted to say the textures on Fish Tales look great on PC (in portrait)! The playfield and inserts are much clearer than on many of the previous tables. I was actually able to read the "Extra Ball" light - which helped because I had never played Fish Tales before.

Hopefully such an update for all the tables is still planned.

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
LOVE the unexpected graphics update. I've fully switched over to PC as it seems to be the BEST platform by far, my monitor is permanently in portrait mode now.

I've noticed how much BETTER the ball physics are on the PC vs all other platforms, not to mention the lighting and graphics all around. But I was hoping to see something along the lines of more ball spin and randomness a la the old Pro Pinball series. Are there any plans to implement this into the PC version?

N

netizen

Curiosity. Why do only the IAP purchase values count as purchases towards getting new card sets?

According to Steam I have only spent the amount that I bought through the IAP interface, the purchase of Season 3 as a DLC didn't apply.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
Seems like I got 2 new cards after purchasing season 3 pro via the Steam store. I don't have any use for the cards, maybe I can gift you a few?

N

netizen

Seems like I got 2 new cards after purchasing season 3 pro via the Steam store. I don't have any use for the cards, maybe I can gift you a few?

I'll always accept gifts :D

Was hoping Mike or Stuart would be able to comment on the structure of Steam and whether anyone knew if this was the norm

R

Rhandos

I really, really miss the blinding bloom. Now post processing makes almost no difference unless you look really closely. Maybe include three PP settings, e.g. "off - normal - intense"?

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I'm glad about the updated post-processing. Looks so much nicer and in-line with the PS4 version. Now if only we could get the colouring right like with the PS4 version. Not even counting the environmental lighting, none of the tables have a particular hue to them. I'm thinking the overly reddish hue of AfM, the overly blue TZ, the pink bits on Taxi... everything that should be white is white. I'd kill for that even if we don't get the DX11 stuff for a few months.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I'm glad about the updated post-processing. Looks so much nicer and in-line with the PS4 version. Now if only we could get the colouring right like with the PS4 version. Not even counting the environmental lighting, none of the tables have a particular hue to them. I'm thinking the overly reddish hue of AfM, the overly blue TZ, the pink bits on Taxi... everything that should be white is white. I'd kill for that even if we don't get the DX11 stuff for a few months.

Has anyone tried as any SweetFX tweaks with PA?

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I tried it quite a while ago... had it looking great for the most part (I may have even posted my results in a thread?) but the lag introduced was unfortunately a little too much to deal with (think PS3-levels). Best I've seen it look on PC (although the most recent update comes damn close) but close to unplayable (for me, but I'm kinda touchy with input lag).

I haven't tried it for a while though, maybe SFX has been improved somewhat? I'll check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts