No Pro modes in the retail disc version!

MSN1983

Aug 1, 2012
So I bought the disc version today for $40. It did not include the Pro Tables even tho the publisher states in the press release that Pro Tables are included. Then tomorrow it will only be $35 for Season One of BOTH the Pro and Regular tables. If you are PS+ its only $30. So its $5-10 cheaper and you get both Pro and Regular versions.

This has been brought up on Pinball Arcades facebook and they basically at the end of the day have said tough **** deal with it. They claim that its $10 more because of the cost of the packaging. They said its not their fault its their publishers fault. I actually am pretty upset i bought a disc. I should of know this company would do something like sell half a product for more then what they are digitally. When asked about it they said on Facebook they make more money digitally so basically tough **** they dont care about the retail disc.

If anybody doesn't believe me just check out the comments on their facebook. Ever since it has been brought up that their publisher advertised Pro Tables included they have gone silent.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Not that you'd want to, but just curious if there's even an option to upgrade to the PRO versions? If so, maybe they'll make it right and give free upgrades to those who bought the disc version.

Krooze L-Roy

Aug 30, 2013
The Pro thing seems like a valid complaint, but I think your issue with the pricing is off-base. It only makes sense that the physical version would cost more than a download, and it's the same with everything that offers both options (CD vs MP3, DVD vs streaming video, Gamestop vs Steam, etc).

MSN1983

Aug 1, 2012
It doesn't show a option in game to upgrade to Pro. But TPA says you can if you want to pay for it. They already have said on facebook that they will be giving nobody anything if they buy the disc as compensation. The other concerns with the disc version is it only shows spots for season 1 and 2. I fear it will fill and not have room for Season 3.

But on Facebook they have copies of their publishers press release about TPA even from the wall street journals website claiming Pro Tables are included. Yet Farsight says they wont honor it.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
It doesn't show a option in game to upgrade to Pro. But TPA says you can if you want to pay for it. They already have said on facebook that they will be giving nobody anything if they buy the disc as compensation. The other concerns with the disc version is it only shows spots for season 1 and 2. I fear it will fill and not have room for Season 3.

But on Facebook they have copies of their publishers press release about TPA even from the wall street journals website claiming Pro Tables are included. Yet Farsight says they wont honor it.

I wouldn't worry about Season 3 as it will get patched. They'll add in the new UI, etc. They're still working on Season 2 for the PS4, so Season 3 is a ways off.

But yeah, that sucks about the Pro versions...I hope they do something about it.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I agree about the lack of pro but the disc does seem cheap that said FS should have put thier best foot forward. I think the thread title should be changed though, as much as I disagree and curse FS in my dreams I never stear people away from thier choice at least not without a gun. :p Maybe say PS4 Disc PRO/CON?

N

netizen

Well the thread titel is made to draw attention, so that potential buyers will see that there is no pro version in it.

Telling or at least directing people to not buy the disc version, vs having the title clearly state the the retail has no pro version are two totally different topics imo.

The present title seems like it is saying that people shouldn't buy the retail version at all. Without opening the thread I get no indication that the retail version doesn't contain Pro Modes.

N

netizen

Thread title edited.
Hope this is a good Convo. I was curious about how this retail release would be handled.
Besides that how is it elsewhere?
I am curious about the retail releases as well. Apart from not having Pro Modes, how is the game, does it live up to the hype, is it better than what was shown in the screen grabs and stills?

We are dying with anticipation over here :D

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
wonder if it was a rush job? naaah. Was there a code in the booklet for PRO DLC? :p Maybe it is included just ya'know not right now. I dont think I have ever folloewd a game/company this closely do they all do this or is this a small company model of how its done? Can we get some confirmation that FS said "PRO INCLUDED" ? Is it even available to DL? if not just FS'ing WOW! Im no business major but ummm $$$$

MSN1983

Aug 1, 2012
Thank you for editing the topic. I dont want the company to lose sales i just wanted you guys to be informed.

IMO it sounds like FarSight didnt really care that much about the retail version since in their own words from facebook they get a lot less money for it. It seemed like they blame their publisher for all the problems. Seems to be a reoccurring theme. Im fine with all that the only thing I dont get is why even put out a disc version then?

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I would probably return it if you have the receipt and indicate false and defective product.

I agree with this on one condition.

Did the ads say that the pro modes were INCLUDED with the purchase? Or available. I'm not digging through the cesspool that is their facebook page...sorry not doing it but I am curious as to what the exact wording is regarding this.

If it does say included, then I would make a stink. Make the publisher answer to it and honestly, FS should man up and honor it as it really is a small thing to lose goodwill over.

If they said that pro modes tables are available...well tough rocks really.

I'm just trying to see both potential sides without really knowing everything there is to know.

EDIT:

On the amazon.com page under Technical Details:

"Technical Details
Best Tables of All-time - Licensed Bally, Williams, Stern, Sega, Data East and Gottlieb pinball tables selected to create the ultimate pinball collection
DLC - Table Packs, Pro Upgrades, Bundles and Ball Packs released regularly
Leader boards - Bragging rights over friends or all players world-wide for each table
Arcade Play - Single and multi-player games on any of the tables
Hall of Fame Score - Combined score of owned tables that ranks players"

Keep in mind this is just the first place I looked and that is what I found.

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Can we get some confirmation that FS said "PRO INCLUDED" ?

FarSight didn't say it. People are confusing FarSight with the publisher, Alliance Digital Media; it was Alliance's press release that listed "Pro Versions – Operator's Menu, Table Exploration, Ball Control, IFPA Pro Tips" as a "Key Features Include" bullet point: http://m.prnewswire.com/news-releas...ll-arcade-for-the-playstation4-235458331.html

FarSight really does need someone to stay on top of this kind of thing better, though. Their FB account also didn't handle the trolls very well on the issue.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Yup the official list does in fact say:

Key Features Include:

DLC – Table Packs, Pro Upgrades, Bundles and Ball Packs released regularly
ROM Emulation-100% accurate game play/graphics of real world machines
Leaderboards – Bragging rights over friends or all players world-wide for each table
Hall of Fame Score – Combined score of owned tables that ranks players
Pro Versions – Operator's Menu, Table Exploration, Ball Control, IFPA Pro Tips
Table Goals – Accomplishments tied to learning and mastering each table
Arcade Play – Single and multi-player games on any of the tables
Tournaments – Held on PSN in different ability tiers each month to give players a
world-wide tournament ranking.
Dynamic lighting cast from every light on the table
Real-time lighting, shadows, reflections of 100's of lights per table
Social Media integration
Motion and Touch controls
Stereoscopic 3D support

It could be taken, by someone who's not familiar with the business model that pro modes are included but I don't think it was the intended implication.

MSN1983

Aug 1, 2012
I probably could return it if i really wanted to and felt like pressing but this Toys r Us was by a job i was doing today a good 20 minutes away so its not worth it anyways. In all honesty I never used the pro modes so I dont care. Its just the point of it.

Like why even release a retail release if you dont even really care about it? And why would you not include the pro tables? Dont try and tell me they wouldn't fit.

I guess I still have a sour taste in my mouth about previous dealings and was hoping to see PS4 start off on a better foot. At the end of the day this all means nothing. Rest assured the game is better then it ever has been before. This is the version you want!

Members online

Members online