Any hope some high (hacker's) scores will be erased?

dada8787

Nov 11, 2013
I just finished playing Black Hole and after one hour and 30 min I scored almost 11 mill. I think im 43.th - all time leaderboard)
First place has someone who scored 123 mil. That's impossible. He must have been playing more then 10 hours to score that.
And someone scored 50 mill even !! ( 50.000.000)

Looking at some other tables I see same thing . I don't know if it was bug or they are cheated but that scores are almost impossible to reach.
Any hope they can be erased by FS?

Rooter

Apr 23, 2012
It might not be hackers. It could be a glitch in the game.

On some tables you can find a pattern/strategy that makes it really hard to lose your ball. For example, I can get about a billion points on Medieval Madness. I feel like I should be able to get the all time high score unless I put off a terrible shot and drain. The problem is that I often pull off terrible shots. If I did it correctly every time, and it's not that hard to do it dozens of times, my game would never end. I guess there are just people around hat are a lot better than me and never mess up. The pattern is so consistent, I bet I could use some scripting software to just do it for me. Maybe someone has done the same for Black Hole? (Found a pattern I mean, not set up their computer to auto win for them.)

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
Back in the Williams Collection days, I got a ball somehow STUCK on a target in Arabian Nights, just slowly kept ringing up a score without user input. Something like that could cause broken scores too.

kristian

Nov 6, 2013
Black Hole in TPA is so easy that I grew a beard while waiting for the ball to drain. You can literally play it forever.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
Yes, Black Hole is one of those tables where you can play until you get bored and lose interest. I am 32nd all-time, and I don't believe I've played it more than once or twice. I have all the Wizard goals left to do, so it is possible that I only played it one time and scored over 11 million.

There are some really good video pinball players that can play practically forever. With the old tournaments, players would oftentimes pause the game and continue playing the same session over multiple days. The new tournaments that will be timed and/or restrict extra balls will go a long way in making tournaments more competitive and fun for more players.

It would be nice if the main game offered timed leaderboards as well, or high scores with all extra ball features disabled.

Last edited:

dada8787

Nov 11, 2013
I understand that someone can have skill to do,lets say 50-60 mill but 123 mill is way too much. I got 12 mill after 2 hours of playing. So he should play it AT LEAST 10 hours to get that score.
Also Black Hole multiball has so many bugs that its impossible to finish the game. One time I was playing for 3 hours and I think was doing over 15-18 mill points and then ball got stuck between upper and lower level. I had to exit and everything got lost. :( This problem you can find in all platforms and Im disappointed FS didn't do anything to fix it yet. Just check Black Hole sub forum here.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
I noticed "Rob", the all-time Black Hole leader, also holds the all-time record on Gorgar with over a billion points. So, I think something is up with his scores. Also, the same person with 50,000 points in Black Hole (redflame2013) also has a score of 99,999 on Central Park. Those do seem suspicious.

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
I understand that someone can have skill to do,lets say 50-60 mill but 123 mill is way too much. I got 12 mill after 2 hours of playing. So he should play it AT LEAST 10 hours to get that score.

I know a guy on this forum that does that routinely, we get the in progress updates ;)

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
some people are very talented and have far too much free time. Some people are talented and hack scores.

with the advent of the steam release on PC - I can't help but feel even more hacked scores will appear.

personally I think FS should man up and refresh the leaderboards periodically. The user base needs to man up too.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
There are some really clear hacked scores like the 300 billion on whirlwind (never mind this was already removed), but it depends a lot on the table on whether you can call it. A quick look through the boards for hacked #1 spots that are clearly impossible shows:

Central Park - Redflame2013 - 99,999
Class of 1812 - mastaLOS - 7,900,126,000
El Dorado - melloone - 175,268,240
TotAN - KingNeptune - 4,308,271,022,354
Gorgar - Rob - 1,010,101,010

There are a few other fairly clear cases like the over ten million on big shot, but I only included the ones above where it's totally impossible no matter how long you can keep a ball going simply due to time constraints. Also, a lot of the hacked scores I saw up a few weeks back when I last looked have been removed so kudos to FS on that.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
the only time i enjoy competing on scores now is with friends or during a beta. (need friends on Steam and integration).

don't trust many scores on TPA these days :( shame.

dada8787

Nov 11, 2013
I have to admit that leaderboards are one of the reasons why im playing this game. I like to compete with others. But hackers high scores need to be removed. There are not many of them,shouldnt take more then 10 min to erase them.
And one more thing, we should create one tread on this forum with our FS nick-names here and post our high scores for each table. It would be fun

Larry

Jul 4, 2013
I told a co-worker about this game, he tried it and liked it, a week later he proudly announced to me he had "unlocked" all the tables, just had to keep switching some .exe back and forth, I was like "you pirated the game...?!!!" "Oh yeah it was easy.."

Grrrrr yes we have a "plague" on the TPA which needs to be exterminated with all possible speed

Deltaechoe

Aug 30, 2013
It might not be hackers. It could be a glitch in the game.

On some tables you can find a pattern/strategy that makes it really hard to lose your ball. For example, I can get about a billion points on Medieval Madness. I feel like I should be able to get the all time high score unless I put off a terrible shot and drain. The problem is that I often pull off terrible shots. If I did it correctly every time, and it's not that hard to do it dozens of times, my game would never end. I guess there are just people around hat are a lot better than me and never mess up. The pattern is so consistent, I bet I could use some scripting software to just do it for me. Maybe someone has done the same for Black Hole? (Found a pattern I mean, not set up their computer to auto win for them.)

I watched that video, and that exploit is so slow that you might as well just play the table normally

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.