Still hope for Xbox 360

utblick

Feb 14, 2013
ANY NEWS ABOUT GETTING NEW TABLES FOR THE 360?

The Pinball Arcade Not yet, we're working on a plan at the moment, but are not releasing any information until/unless it becomes more solid.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I've moved on from waiting for a 360 solution. It would have been great early in '13 when it was thought a resolution would have happened but with PS4 version out and XB1 around the corner, I am ready to start it on the next gen console.

Gigabomber

Jul 4, 2013
They have a ton of tables already developed, so they will release them, but they aren't giving any specifics because they were bit last time they said they were releasing soon.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I do wonder if it's even worth it in the end really

Depends if there I a submission fee. If there is one, it will be likely difficult to recoup that cost with so many users moving to next gen and/or all the disgruntled customers for that platform. If that fee is minimal or waived, they might as well for those that are not moving to next gen soon.

Dec 7, 2013
Doing an Xbox One version IMO would do more harm than good. Customers will feel even more cheated , knowing that they need to upgrade to a 500$ console. If someone were going next gen just for pinball, PS4 is the way to go anyway, since it's only 400$ and has more powerful hardware.

There's still money to be made on 360. I would probably buy it on 360 even though I already got the PS4 version. Simply because my 360 is still hooked up and I have a few months of live left .

Last edited:

KaneRobot

Jun 7, 2013
Little confused - is that an actual Farsight response in the first post? Just formatted a little weird, wasn't sure if he was quoting something or if that was an edit made by FS or what.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
The problem with the 360 is it's tied up in bankruptcy court. They move slow, and they also don't realize that there are perishable assets (i.e., Farsight's contract) - because if they delay any longer, that contract is worthless as people would've moved to PS4 and Xbone.

TPA cannot proceed until that is resolved.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
The problem with the 360 is it's tied up in bankruptcy court. They move slow, and they also don't realize that there are perishable assets (i.e., Farsight's contract) - because if they delay any longer, that contract is worthless as people would've moved to PS4 and Xbone.

TPA cannot proceed until that is resolved.

For all we know the contract expired at the end of 2013. We can only hope.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Wow, FarSight is still trying to make a vague plan to get TPA back on the 360. Just as they were still trying to get new DLC added in the fall of 2012. Just as they had allegedly secured a new publisher in December of 2012. Just as they were back-peddling from that announcement in the spring of 2013. Just as TPA was de-listed in the summer of 2013. Just as they had self-speculated out loud that they would be able to self-publish on the 360 in late summer of 2013. Just as.................they evidently cannot.

And oh, by the way, throughout all of this, TPA has been deceitfully advertised as being available on Xbox Live.

Those waiting for the WiiU version of this TPA vaporware can certainly understand, having been put through similar delays.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Wow, FarSight is still trying to make a vague plan to get TPA back on the 360. Just as they were still trying to get new DLC added in the fall of 2012. Just as they had allegedly secured a new publisher in December of 2012. Just as they were back-peddling from that announcement in the spring of 2013. Just as TPA was de-listed in the summer of 2013. Just as they had self-speculated out loud that they would be able to self-publish on the 360 in late summer of 2013. Just as.................they evidently cannot.

And oh, by the way, throughout all of this, TPA has been deceitfully advertised as being available on Xbox Live.

Those waiting for the WiiU version of this TPA vaporware can certainly understand, having been put through similar delays.

I think that's why they said that they will continue to work on it but won't say anything about it until something actually happens. I think they were a victim of their own naivete and their desire to placate everyone on facebook who wanted a daily update on the status of the 360. That's why bigger companies only talk through their PR department or firm and why you don't hear any big info from those big companies except at the big shows when they garner tons of free publicity.

Dec 7, 2013
It would still be in Farsights best interest to continue to try to get a 360 version out, and would be in very poor taste to do an Xbox One version.

360 has a massive user base and will continue to be supported well into 2014 and beyond.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
It would still be in Farsights best interest to continue to try to get a 360 version out, and would be in very poor taste to do an Xbox One version.

360 has a massive user base and will continue to be supported well into 2014 and beyond.

No way. It would be bad taste not to attempt an XBone version. Was it in bad taste to make a PS4 version when they had made one for PS3?

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
TPA on Xbone would be clear title. Xbox 360 is tied up in court.

And given you can't even get TPA on Xbox 360 anymore because of it (probably because Microsoft couldn't figure out who to pay anymore), I think it's probably in good taste to do it. It's probably been what, over a year now?

Now if only Microsoft will just deliver Farsight those devkits already.

Redrazorback64

Jun 3, 2013
It's obvious the people in this thread saying it would be a bad idea to make an Xbox One version....don't have an Xbox One. :p After over a year of wanting the new tables for the 360, now I'm only interested in the Xbox One getting TPA.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.