To Those Who Complain About the Discount...

Dec 7, 2013
You do realize that the game is already half off. Buying the base game (10$) and each individual table pack in season 1 (50$) would cost a total of 60$. The season pass on PlayStation 4 is already 50% off at 30$. Yet people are losing their **** over 15 bucks...

I bet Farsight is really regretting offering the Season Pass in the first place. I mean sheesh you do a great thing by offering your customers 22 tables at a 50% discount, and they ***** and moan because some don't qualify for another 50% off.

Give an inch, take a mile...

The game is worth every penny of 60$. These are the best pinball machines of all time. Owning even the free Tales of the Arabian Nights would cost you 7,000$, or .50$ per play, providing you can actually find one in good shape on location. Between the PlayStation blog, Facebook, and some people in this forum, it's some of the most entitled, selfish, disrespectful, and grumpy folks I've ever seen. Again, not everyone, but some...

Enjoy the game and respect what this company has done for us. They've made it so everyone can own and enjoy the best pinball games of all time forever in digital form despite how much money you make. 15$ can't even get you a pizza these days (quoting Mike Wolf from American Pickers), if you can't be happy without heavy discounts than you don't deserve the game anyway.

Last edited:

Urbanshenkie

Sep 7, 2012
He megadrive welcome to the pinball arcade forum.

for you the games is worth every penny of 60$ not for all of us , some of us already own already multiple copies of all the tabels and where buying it from from the early start.

whe saw every bug and in the beginning it was no easy start for them , lot of bugs and some of it is still not fixed . like the inputlag.

now the ps4 versie has the sound of the mobile version , some of the textures are not great , the flyer didn't get the upgrade and the gui is still the same L2/R2 no remap , no dual stage flippers ,and lot of more bugs to come
so 60$ is great price for you , because you join date of the forum is december 2013 , i guess you didn't buy for 200$ worth of farsighted stuff in the past...and got to all the crap that it took to get the ps4 version.

you see a finished game , not me. How can you make a mistake to use the sound of the mobile version ??? and forget dual stage flippers or crappy controls no L2/R2 on facebook you hear people from farsight saying zen pinball 2 is just a port
but a great port and a more better game then pinball arcade ever can be. every zen table is crisp 400mb high textures and high quality sounds.

pinball arcade is a mix of code of all platforms. still some crappy things in it like sound & textures.

some of us bought season pack 2 with extra packs thats like wasted pizza in the drain in your words.

i changed console from ps3 to xbox360 because there was almost no inputlag on there . and then the xbox360 version stopped to exist.

sounds of the mobile version haha they still scrathing behind the ears how can that be ??

I'm happy for you that you like your game , enjoy it men..

Last edited:

frankiedf

Feb 6, 2013
I don't think you are fully aware of the situation, Megadrive.

Farsight is ALSO not happy with how the discount worked because it is broken.

It's not that people don't qualify, it's that they meet all the requirements farsight wanted and they still can't get it.

Also, it isn't another 50% off people are "moaning" about. It's the 50% off on the pro season pass. That promotion is broken.

happytm03

Nov 12, 2013
This is a sensitive situation and every company is in business to make some money.
The real question is do we support TAP so that we can have digital recreations of pinball machines or not?

Would you rather pay hundreds (the most on several platforms) instead of thousands for the actual tables
And lucky if we even find our favorite tables?

I applaude TPA for all the work they have done in making digital Pinball available in several platforms and introducing
40+ tables and counting to Pinheads and future Pinheads.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
At the end of the day those that bought the PS3 version were entitled to only that, at no point did FS say "You get the PS4 version too with this purchase". Not sure the PS4 was even announced when the PS3 version came out. FS have no obligation to give the PS4 version for free, but are giving it away very cheaply, which is nice of them.

I bought the PS3 version of Kingdom Hearts recently. It's pretty much the same game as the PS2 version I own bar some graphical upgrades, a couple of extra bosses and some tweaks and nerfs, but I didn't go to Square Enix complaining that I should be entitled to it for free because I own it on PS2. It's the same as every time I take a DVD off the shelf and replace it with the Blu-Ray. I don't complain that I should be entitled to it for free.

At the end of the day FS are being very generous and people are outraged because they're not being as generous as Zen.

Dec 7, 2013
He megadrive welcome to the pinball arcade forum.

for you the games is worth every penny of 60$ not for all of us , some of us already own already multiple copies of all the tabels and where buying it from from the early start.

whe saw every bug and in the beginning it was no easy start for them , lot of bugs and some of it is still not fixed . like the inputlag.

now the ps4 versie has the sound of the mobile version , some of the textures are not great , the flyer didn't get the upgrade and the gui is still the same L2/R2 no remap , no dual stage flippers ,and lot of more bugs to come
so 60$ is great price for you , because you join date of the forum is december 2013 , i guess you didn't buy for 200$ worth of farsighted stuff in the past...and got to all the crap that it took to get the ps4 version.

you see a finished game , not me. How can you make a mistake to use the sound of the mobile version ??? and forget dual stage flippers or crappy controls no L2/R2 on facebook you hear people from farsight saying zen pinball 2 is just a port
but a great port and a more better game then pinball arcade ever can be. every zen table is crisp 400mb high textures and high quality sounds.

pinball arcade is a mix of code of all platforms. still some crappy things in it like sound & textures.

some of us bought season pack 2 with extra packs thats like wasted pizza in the drain in your words.

i changed console from ps3 to xbox360 because there was almost no inputlag on there . and then the xbox360 version stopped to exist.

sounds of the mobile version haha they still scrathing behind the ears how can that be ??

I'm happy for you that you like your game , enjoy it men..

I've had the game for over a year and own all tables on iOS, Xbox, and now ps4.

Nothing more to say to this post.

At the end of the day those that bought the PS3 version were entitled to only that, at no point did FS say "You get the PS4 version too with this purchase". Not sure the PS4 was even announced when the PS3 version came out. FS have no obligation to give the PS4 version for free, but are giving it away very cheaply, which is nice of them.

I bought the PS3 version of Kingdom Hearts recently. It's pretty much the same game as the PS2 version I own bar some graphical upgrades, a couple of extra bosses and some tweaks and nerfs, but I didn't go to Square Enix complaining that I should be entitled to it for free because I own it on PS2. It's the same as every time I take a DVD off the shelf and replace it with the Blu-Ray. I don't complain that I should be entitled to it for free.

At the end of the day FS are being very generous and people are outraged because they're not being as generous as Zen.

Exactamundo. Thank you.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012

What you are failing to account for is that FS broke the PS3 version for some of us AFTER we had paid for it and been playing it fine. The flipper lag introduced in a game update makes it unplayable if you have a TV with higher than average input latency, the only cure for that right now is to upgrade to the PS4 version, which we can't do as the discount upgrade is broken. Its bad enough having to pay the discounted price to play the game we already paid for. I bought the game on the condition I could play it on my HDTV and now I can't, under the circumstances I think I have been very patient.

Now before you go blaming that on the TV manufacturer you have to consider that FS knew very well that adding some new post-processing effects on the PS3 would cause a single frame of lag over the previous build and its their responsibility to ensure any changes they make are not detrimental to the hundreds of different TV combinations people may own. They failed big time on doing that as they could at LEAST have included an option to disable the post processing if it causes too much latency on your TV. The PS4 on the other hand fixes all this, as with its much greater GPU power it doesn't need that extra frame of delay to do its post processing.

If this had been any other product than software we would be returning the product to the store for a refund as its not fit for purpose, so asking for an discount on the upgrade to play the WORKING version is not at all unreasonable.

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
What you are failing to account for is that FS broke the PS3 version for some of us AFTER we had paid for it and been playing it fine. The flipper lag introduced in a game update makes it unplayable if you have a TV with higher than average input latency, the only cure for that right now is to upgrade to the PS4 version, which we can't do as the discount upgrade is broken. Its bad enough having to pay the discounted price to play the game we already paid for. I bought the game on the condition I could play it on my HDTV and now I can't, under the circumstances I think I have been very patient.

Now before you go blaming that on the TV manufacturer you have to consider that FS knew very well that adding some new post-processing effects on the PS3 would cause a single frame of lag over the previous build and its their responsibility to ensure any changes they make are not detrimental to the hundreds of different TV combinations people may own. They failed big time on doing that as they could at LEAST have included an option to disable the post processing if it causes too much latency on your TV. The PS4 on the other hand fixes all this, as with its much greater GPU power it doesn't need that extra frame of delay to do its post processing.

If this had been any other product than software we would be returning the product to the store for a refund as its not fit for purpose, so asking for an discount on the upgrade to play the WORKING version is not at all unreasonable.

The flipper lag was worse when TPA was first released on the PS3. They have improved it quite a bit since then. If your flipper lag problem only comes from the one frame that was introduced with the lighting upgrade then that can be fixed by forcing your PS3 to output at 720p.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
The flipper lag was worse when TPA was first released on the PS3. They have improved it quite a bit since then. If your flipper lag problem only comes from the one frame that was introduced with the lighting upgrade then that can be fixed by forcing your PS3 to output at 720p.

I'm aware switching to 720p fixes the problem but that is a PITA as its time consuming and doesn't always seem to pick up my receiver properly so I then have to waste more time selecting all the audio output boxes as well. Quite frankly, it puts me off playing the game as its too much hassle plus the reduction in resolution itself alters how easy/hard it is to play the game.

It also doesn't alter the fact that one day I COULD play fine in 1080p, then suddenly I can't until I get the upgrade on PS4. I shouldn't have to compromise just because FS didn't do their homework on TV latency.

I did try again today and things seemed better, but my TV seems to have a mind of its when it comes to how much latency it has on a day to day basis so it might have been a fluke. I hope its fixed as from what I have seen of the PS4 version, I prefer the PS3 tables as the PS4 ones all the lighting looks very fake and way way too bright compared to the real thing.

Last edited:

Primero

Sep 12, 2013
Alex, then your problem is not with the discount, as is the topic of this thread, but rather with FarSight apparently breaking your PS3 version. I'm pretty sure if that didn't happen to you, you wouldn't have a problem with FarSight charging money for the PS4 version, right? I hope not.

So, I agree with everything that MegaDrive and Espy said... except that Espy missed pointing out that purchasers of the PS3 version also received the Vita version through the Cross-Buy program, but of course, that's a minor oversight. His points still stand. :)

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I'm aware switching to 720p fixes the problem but that is a PITA as its time consuming and doesn't always seem to pick up my receiver properly so I then have to waste more time selecting all the audio output boxes as well. Quite frankly, it puts me off playing the game as its too much hassle plus the reduction in resolution itself alters how easy/hard it is to play the game.

It also doesn't alter the fact that one day I COULD play fine in 1080p, then suddenly I can't until I get the upgrade on PS4. I shouldn't have to compromise just because FS didn't do their homework on TV latency.

I did try again today and things seemed better, but my TV seems to have a mind of its when it comes to how much latency it has on a day to day basis so it might have been a fluke. I hope its fixed as from what I have seen of the PS4 version, I prefer the PS3 tables as the PS4 ones all the lighting looks very fake and way way too bright compared to the real thing.

The lighting upgrade only put one frame of delay if you play in 1080p. One frame won't make a difference. Whatever your problem is it is with your TV and FarSight can't do anything about that. Additionally you're still going to have input lag problems with the PS4 version if you play it on the same laggy TV.

Last edited:

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
The lighting upgrade only put one frame of delay if you play in 1080p. One frame won't make a difference. Whatever your problem is it is with your TV and FarSight can't do anything about that. Additionally you're still going to have input lag problems with the PS4 version if you play it on the same laggy TV.

One frame delay can literally make or break the game when you have a TV with fairly high latency to begin with. You can learn to compensate up to a certain point, beyond that you are literally hitting the flipper when the ball is already down the drain.

If Zen Pinball 2 had the same issue, or the game had never been playable, I would never have complained. I would have said "crap, my TV sucks" and just accepted that. However that is not the case.

As for "would I still expect a discount if the PS3 version never had problems?", normally I would probably say no but they have really been pushing these next-gen "upgrades" so maybe I would. I already found myself annoyed that I can't upgrade the PS3 digital version of Need for Speed Rivals to PS4 and I will be very disappointed if GTA V does not also have the option, should they launch it on PS4.

Its a logical goodwill gesture when you are upgrading from one console to the next, particularly when you have bought download versions. This is very much a new thing, we have never transitioned from a platform with pure download distribution before so the expectations have not been fully established. One thing is for sure, the discount is literally the difference between it being worth upgrading or not for me. I have already bought season 3 on PC because it seems the PS4 is just not going to be worth it, especially when on PC I have the option of building a mini pinball machine later and can have it on my tablet AND gaming PC. I already ordered a Pinball Duo which if I can't get to work natively I will hack with an arcade to USB keyboard adapter, so I can hold the tablet portrait with pinball-like controls. I will reconsider if Sony decide to have Pinball Arcade cross-buy with PS4 <> Vita later on, but even so its not the same quality of experience is on a 10" 768p screen. Its just a shame I couldn't afford a better tablet with 1080p.

I guess that is no loss for Farsight, but it clearly shows its in Sonys best interest to get this right.

Last edited:

NeedleBanger

Dec 10, 2013
Oh ya this game is definitely worth $60! What would you rather have, TPA or NBA Live '14? TPA, or any other other game on PS4 PSN?! TPA or that worthless new Battlefield? The Pinball Arcade is probably one of the best games out right now, which kinda speaks volumes about the rest of the industry.

A simple pinball game is better than 90% of the crap that's been coming out for the last 4 years.

There's a couple of flaws and disadvantages with TPA, but if you can grasp this game's concept (most of my friends are too dumb to do anything other than get a high score) then it really becomes a little gem.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Oh ya this game is definitely worth $60! What would you rather have, TPA or NBA Live '14? TPA, or any other other game on PS4 PSN?! TPA or that worthless new Battlefield? The Pinball Arcade is probably one of the best games out right now, which kinda speaks volumes about the rest of the industry.

A simple pinball game is better than 90% of the crap that's been coming out for the last 4 years.

There's a couple of flaws and disadvantages with TPA, but if you can grasp this game's concept (most of my friends are too dumb to do anything other than get a high score) then it really becomes a little gem.

This.

Though it should be mentioned that the same crap that's been coming for 4 years is really the same crap that's been coming out for three generations of game consoles.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I think for every console since the 2600 I haven't been interested in at least 90% of the games. But the ones I like I really enjoy.

MetalGear_Yoshi

Dec 7, 2013
I think the problem here isn't about what the game is worth, but that Farsight offered the deal and then unfortunately the deal wasn't implemented properly. If people were complaining that they won't buy the game without a deep discount without Farsight ever mentioning a discount in the first place you would have a point, however it was, and some people are now left in a unfortunate situation where they're not comfortable buying the game on PS4 until the problem is resolved.

Personally I'm really happy with my purchase of the full first season and believe I got a great deal of value for my money, I'll also certainly purchase seasons two and three on release on the PS4. I however had never bought anything from Farsight except the initial starter pack on PS3 some time ago so I had no reservations about handing over my money. I have a similar conundrum as those who are iffy on paying full fare for the TPA again with Zen Pinball. They certainly don't owe me a discount but I'm going to wait for a sale before I buy any of the tables on Playstation 4 as I have already bought a bunch of tables on 360 and then bought a whole lot more on Wii U, I wan't to have them on PS4 though as it's already the console I use most often but not so badly that I'll pay full price again.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
Indeed, I had all the tables on Pinball FX2 on 360 but bought them all again on PS3 so I would get them on Vita too. That said its not near as much fun as several people on my 360 list played it so I could compete with them for scores.

Pinball Arcade I have season 1 & 2 on PS3/Vita and No Good Gofers on PS3, PC and Android. After the upgrade mess I bought season 3 on PC as combined with the fact it could be next year before it even comes to PS4, I kinda lost faith. We don't even have table packs 19 and 20 on PS3 yet and it seems if I buy on PS4 I don't get the Vita version bundled in, so PC is a better bet.

I'm sure it makes little difference to Farsight as they still get my money, but Sony will lose money from this.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.