Is Vita integration active on the PS4 yet?

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Just curious if anyone has any input or experience with it.

I would love to see TPA on the Vita running through the PS4!

Dinosaur Toy

Sep 10, 2012
Vita remote play has been active since launch. I've tested it a few times.

Generally speaking it's not as bad as remote play for the PS3 via PSP. Control latency is better, though it's still something visible. It's similar to the lag you'd experience running on an HDTV with mediocre response time and no game mode.

Vita remote play is capped at 30fps regardless of the framerate of the PS4 game, so Pinball Arcade runs at 30fps through the connection. I've tested it out of the house, connecting home to the PS4 via wifi access points. It's understandably a bit unstable, but it seems the set-up tries to skip video frames rather than suffer even more input latency. So when playing you'll see an average of 30fps that's pretty smooth, dropping down to 25fps when the data stream gets choppy.

TPA is surprisingly playable (it becomes like running the mobile version on an underpowered device, you might say.) Of course, if you like TPA and own a Vita, it seems odds are you already have the native Vita version so make what you will of this functionality.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
How do the tables look? One of my issues with the Vita version is the look of the tables. I'd be happy enough if they looked like the PS3 versions.

Last edited:

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
How do the tables look? One of my issues with the Vita version is the look of the tables. I'd be happy enough if they looked like the PS3 versions.

They look good.
There is some slight artifacting from the extra compression set by Remote Play, but like mentioned above, it's better than the PSP RP.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
My conclusion was that the lag (even on local LAN) is too much. But that's me... I'm someone that chases top scores. Some might find it good enough.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
My conclusion was that the lag (even on local LAN) is too much. But that's me... I'm someone that chases top scores. Some might find it good enough.

So it looks OK, but is kind of laggy? Hmmm.

I'm really hoping for a pretty good jump on the Vita versions from the "super patch."

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
So it looks OK, but is kind of laggy? Hmmm.

I'm really hoping for a pretty good jump on the Vita versions from the "super patch."

Far too laggy for serious gaming, absolutely. There's really no margin of acceptability for lag when it comes to this game. It's only a little but it makes you feel totally disconnected when you flip a trapped ball and the shots are far, FAR too late every time.

I'm not extremely hopeful the Vita version will ever get much love again but yeah, that's the best hope.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.