Android - Bug Upper flipper loop timing seems off

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
When playing the game, I have a feeling the time it takes for the ball to travel behind Rudi to the upper flipper seems to be "too long". This is both at ball launch, and when shooting for the inner loop shot to the trapdoor combo.

I.. can't put my finger on it, but I feels like the ball is deliberately slowing down around that loop. As if the ball mechanics have been intentionally slowed-down in this area. Perhaps in an attempt to give more time to take the shot.

I haven't played Funhouse In Real Life (IRL) for ages now, but I seem to remember the ball used to fly around that loop pretty quickly.

Am I going crazy and imagining this, or is this something others "feel" as well?

It could be that I just need to get my eye in a bit more on this table.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
RESOLVED: This was just me, and I wasn't used to the timing required of the upper flipper, compared to the Visual Pinball version of the table.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
When playing the game, I have a feeling the time it takes for the ball to travel behind Rudi to the upper flipper seems to be "too long". This is both at ball launch, and when shooting for the inner loop shot to the trapdoor combo.

This problem has reared it's ugly head since the last few updates. I don't remember the timing of the ball being off before, but for some reason it is now, so I'm going to have Ryan ask Bobby to look into this as something seems to have changed recently. This is on Android by the way, so if anyone else can confirm this before I report this to Ryan and/or Bobby. Thanks.

Also, just checked this table on my Xbox 360 and the timing of the ball is just fine and of course we know the Xbox 360 version hasn't been updated in ages.

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
I can confirm this, PiN WiZ, didn't know if it worked as designed or not. The ball is otherwise pretty fast and I personally don't get along too well with the touchscreen so I rather blamed my poor skill.

Members online

Members online