Thank You For Controller Support!

Larry

Jul 4, 2013
I was able to launch the ball using both the right stick and ball launch button and flip using L1/R1.

Man I'm soooooooo happy! Too happy to even make a complete test before rambling post! Thank you! This was the very reason I ever registered on the forums!!!! Holy Hannah I'm a Happy Guy!

I was all fixed up to write nasty post and whine out loud finally, threaten to never buy another Kindle table, blah blah

Thank you for saving me from that crap!!
YaY Farsight! (Most likely a HUGE thanks to Ryan)
I got my Christmas present. This makes me happier than knowing cab support and DX11 is coming for PC!

My Christmas trip to Chicago just got a whole lot better!

BTW- Solid build at first pass as always
Button behavior seems a bit odd in menus (pausing game then selecting options on the list) I'll document oddities when I stop dancing.
Fish Tales bought, running sweet so far!

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I felt the same when Android got Controller support - It's a great feature and analogue nudge makes a world of difference to playing.

This was really behind my decision to purchase a pro season pass for season 3.
Thankyou Farsight (Ryan)!

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
My pleasure =) Glad you guys are enjoying it. controller support in menus is undefined at the moment so I am not sure what will happen in all situations, but it is something I plan on addressing once I get some other things off my plate.

Larry

Jul 4, 2013
My pleasure =) Glad you guys are enjoying it. controller support in menus is undefined at the moment so I am not sure what will happen in all situations, but it is something I plan on addressing once I get some other things off my plate.

You bought yourself a lot of time!
Excellent work!

N

netizen

Just being able to change and start tables would be fantastic, but with the new UI coming could there be some more surprises from Ryan the magic worker ...

I know I don't expect, though it would be nice, to be able to do all the Pro Menu adjustments via controller on the 'droid build.

Munky

Apr 28, 2013
Glad to have it too, played about 2 hours on PinBot with my grandpa connected to the TV while at the family Christmas gathering today. Used to play the NES version for hours on end with him when I was a kid.

happytm03

Nov 12, 2013
Larry, does your Moga work to do start or select? And what button is that? I am on Kindle HDX and my buttons do no work for start or select. Thanks

Larry

Jul 4, 2013
If you mean "Start" and "Select" in the table browser, not really.
I believe the menu behavior will get added in the near future, but no it's not really supposed to work at this time.

I can select a table from the table browser by hitting "A" and Start brings up the pause menu with a game running.

Also, make sure you switch the controller scheme from default of A-mode to B-mode which is the HID mode the kindle uses, this will move the flippers from L1/R1 to L2/R2 also I believe but I didn't mess with it that much.

Launch ball, flip ball, that's it at this point that was intended to function.

EDIT: Read Ryan's post on 12-20 in this very thread

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.